Une analyse théorique des fondements et du fonctionnement de la relation d'autorité intrafirme
AbstractFor about twenty years, the notion of authority has been put forward again into the analysis of employment relationship, especially concerning contracts incompleteness. This article has two purposes. First, it aims at giving an assessment of the famous controversy between Coase and Alchian-Demsetz through an analysis of the foundations of authority. Second, it is shown that the authority relationship inside the firm cannot only depend on a single variable. On the contrary, authority rests upon a multiplicity of mechanisms. Employer? authority over employee has therefore to be understood in terms of degrees rather than in boolean terms.Classification JEL : B210, D230, J530, L220, M500.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): 54 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-economique.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B21 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Microeconomics
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- J53 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Labor-Management Relations; Industrial Jurisprudence
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- M50 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00266026 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bruno Tinel, 2005. "Remarques à propos du déterminisme technique," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques r05069, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00196377 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.