Une analyse de la participation des couples à la force de travail
AbstractThis paper presents a structural model of labor-force participation for two adults families. We estimate jointly the participation of both partners, taking into account unobserved wages of nonworkers. Family utility depends on the household net resources in each possible state. The tax-benefit system is modeled as precisely as possible and the left censoring induced by the minimum wage is explicitly taken into account. The results are based upon French cross-section data from 1999 and are illustrated by several policy simulations (e.g. abolishing certain family benefits, modifying income maintenance programs). We provide estimates for elasticities of participation with respect to labor cost. Classification JEL : J21, J31, J38
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): 53 (2002)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-economique.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elena Stancanelli, 2004. "Evaluating the impact of the French tax credit programme: a difference in difference model," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2004-07, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/5270 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.