L'évaluation et le financement des start-up Internet
AbstractThis paper discusses some phenomena in the corporate finance of internet start-ups that emerged during the ?internet buble? between 1998-2000. The advent of nternet start-ups had a major impact on the investment flow and the operations of the venture capital industry in the US and in Europe. It is argued that some of these transformations could be explained by the potential for specific agency conflicts in the financing of internet start-ups. The paper then turns to a discussion of initial public offerings and the listing of companies without near-term profitability, the capital structure of start-ups characterized by the dominance of equity, and the absence of dividend pay-outs. Finally, the valuation of companies and innovative techniques that supposedly can overcome obstacles in the accurate valuation of internet start-ups are discussed. Classification JEL : G31, G32, G35, L86
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): 52 (2001)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-economique.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Ulrich Hege, 2001. "L'évaluation et le financement des start-up Internet," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 52(1), pages 291-312.
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G35 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Payout Policy
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00628647 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christophe Boucher, 2003. "La valorisation des sociétés de la Nouvelle économie par les options réelles : vertiges et controverses d’une analogie," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 72(3), pages 299-315.
- Patrick Boisselier & Dominique Dufour, 2007. "Bulle financière et introduction des sociétés Internet au Nouveau marché," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 10(1), pages 67-93, March.
- Mohamed-Larbi Aribou, 2009. "L'évaluation comptable de l'immatériel dans les entreprises high-tech," Post-Print halshs-00445609, HAL.
- Olivier Sautel & Cécile Cézanne-Sintès, 2007. "Firme intensive en capital humain et coordination : vers une redéfinition du rapport entre intégration et dé-intégration," Post-Print hal-00331454, HAL.
- Olivier Sautel & Cécile Cézanne, 2007. "The Human Capital-Intensive Firm and Coordination: Redefined Integration and Disintegration," CEPN Working Papers hal-00628647, HAL.
- Patrick Boisselier & Dominique Dufour, 2002. "L'Introduction Des Societes Internet En Bourse : Opportunisme Ou Necessite Pour Les Actionnaires Et Capital-Risqueurs ?," Post-Print halshs-00584445, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.