Contrainte de capacité et développement des marques de distributeurs
AbstractIn this paper, we try to explain the ambiguous impact of the Raffarin law on the relationships between manufacturers and retailers. We show that the law has two conflicting effects on the share of profit between upstream and downstream firms. We study the influence of a capacity constraint on the development of own brands by retailers. We show that, when entry is free at the retailers? level, a restriction of the retailers? capacity, as imposed by the Raffarin law, can improve producers? profit. But barriers to entry on the downstream market remove this effect. Classification JEL : K21, L13, L42
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): 52 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-economique.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Marie-Laure Allain & Laurent Flochel, 2001. "Contrainte de capacité et développement des marques de distributeurs," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 52(3), pages 643-653.
- K21 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Antitrust Law
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L42 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Vertical Restraints; Resale Price Maintenance; Quantity Discounts
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marie-Laure Allain & Claire Chambolle, 2002. "Les relations entre producteurs et distributeurs : bilan et limites de trente ans de régulation," Working Papers hal-00243000, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.