Industry-university S&T transfers: what can we learn from Belgian CIS-2 data?
AbstractThis paper aims at studying to what extent universities are considered as a main source of innovative ideas by Belgian enterprises. The second European Innovation Survey (CIS2) gives information on interactions between enterprises and the actors of the innovation system. These data are exploited to estimate an ordered probit model of the role played by universities as a source of new innovative ideas for enterprises as well as a probit model which assess the main determinants of industry-university formal and informal collaborative arrangements.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles in its journal Brussels economic review.
Volume (Year): 46 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
industiy-university collaborations; innovation; Belgian CIS-2;
Other versions of this item:
- Capron, Henri & Cincera, Michele, 2004. "Industry/University S&T Transfers: What Can We Learn From Belgian CIS-2 Data?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4685, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Ursina Kubli & Martin Woerter, 2005. "Determinants of Knowledge and Technology Transfer Activities Between Firms and Science Institutions in Switzerland: An Analysis Based on Firm Data," KOF Working papers 05-116, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Faria, Pedro & Schmidt, Tobias, 2007.
"International Cooperation on Innovation: Empirical Evidence for German and Portuguese Firms,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
07-060, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Faria, Pedro & Schmidt, Tobias, 2007. "International cooperation on innovation: empirical evidence for German and Portuguese firms," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2007,30, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Schmidt, Tobias, 2007. "Motives for Innovation Co-operation? Evidence from the Canadian Survey of Innovation," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-018, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.