The Credit Relationship Between Banks And Companies And Its Effects On The Real Economy
AbstractAmong the relationships between companies and the financial - banking market representatives, those which are determinate by the lending activity hold a special place. Despite of various alternatives to mobilize the necessary funds to cover the capital needs arising from the current or investment activity, bank loans are the main source of funding for most of the companies. This dominance is assured by the benefits that a bank loan offers to companies and which influence directly and positively their economic and financial situation. Of course there are a number of risks assumed by the company when calling to bank financing, risks which can affect negatively their business if it occurs. Given the important role that companies play in generating of the real flows in the economy, all these positive or negative effects directly impact on the quality of economic and social life at the macro level. For this reason it is very important that between the bank and the company to be always a good communication and transparency in the information requested or offered, and the collaboration between these two types of organizations to carry on a partnership basis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Constantin Brancoveanu University in its journal Management Strategies Journal.
Volume (Year): 21 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.univcb.ro/
bank; companies; credit relationship; real economy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- D04 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Policy: Formulation; Implementation; Evaluation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lookman, Aziz A., 2009. "Bank borrowing and corporate risk management," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 632-649, October.
- Martin Brown & Christian Zehnder, 2006.
"Credit Reporting, Relationship Banking, and Loan Repayment,"
2006-03, Swiss National Bank.
- Martin Brown & Christian Zehnder, 2007. "Credit Reporting, Relationship Banking, and Loan Repayment," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(8), pages 1883-1918, December.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Goldberg, Lawrence G., 2004. "Relationship lending: a survey of the literature," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 315-330.
- Inessa Love & Rida Zaidi, 2010. "Trade Credit, Bank Credit and Financial Crisis-super-," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 10(s1), pages 125-147.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan MICUDA).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.