Robust utility maximization in a stochastic factor model
AbstractWe give an explicit PDE characterization for the solution of a robust utility maximization problem in an incomplete market model, whose volatility, interest rate process, and long-term trend are driven by an external stochastic factor process. The robust utility functional is defined in terms of a HARA utility function with negative risk aversion and a dynamically consistent coherent risk measure, which allows for model uncertainty in the distributions of both the asset price dynamics and the factor process. Our method combines two recent advances in the theory of optimal investments: the general duality theory for robust utility maximization and the stochastic control approach to the dual problem of determining optimal martingale measures.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by De Gruyter in its journal Statistics & Risk Modeling.
Volume (Year): 24 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1/2006 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.degruyter.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Belkacem Berdjane & Sergei Pergamenshchikov, 2012.
"Sequential $\delta$-optimal consumption and investment for stochastic volatility markets with unknown parameters,"
- Belkacem Berdjane & Sergei Pergamenshchikov, 2012. "Sequential $\delta$-optimal consumption and investment for stochastic volatility markets with unknown parameters," Papers 1210.5111, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2013.
- Sigrid Kallblad & Jan Obloj & Thaleia Zariphopoulou, 2013. "Time--consistent investment under model uncertainty: the robust forward criteria," Papers 1311.3529, arXiv.org.
- Keita Owari, 2013.
"A Robust Version of Convex Integral Functionals,"
1305.6023, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2014.
- Daniel Hern\'andez-Hern\'andez & Leonel P\'erez-Hern\'andez, 2012. "Robust utility maximization for L\'evy processes: Penalization and solvability," Papers 1206.0715, arXiv.org.
- Alexander Schied, 2007. "Optimal investments for risk- and ambiguity-averse preferences: a duality approach," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 107-129, January.
- Belkacem Berdjane & Serguei Pergamenshchikov, 2013. "Optimal consumption and investment for markets with random coefficients," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 419-446, April.
- Daniel Hernandez–Hernandez & Alexander Schied, 2006. "A Control Approach to Robust Utility Maximization with Logarithmic Utility and Time-Consistent Penalties," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-061, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Alexander Schied, 2007. "Robust Optimal Control for a Consumption-investment Problem," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2007-026, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Daniel Hernández-Hernández & Alexander Schied, 2007. "Robust Maximization of Consumption with Logarithmic Utility," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2007-030, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Sigrid K\"allblad, 2013. "Risk- and ambiguity-averse portfolio optimization with quasiconcave utility functionals," Papers 1311.7419, arXiv.org.
- Revaz Tevzadze & Teimuraz Toronjadze & Tamaz Uzunashvili, 2013. "Robust utility maximization for a diffusion market model with misspecified coefficients," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 535-563, July.
- Thomas Knispel, 2012. "Asymptotics of robust utility maximization," Papers 1203.1191, arXiv.org.
- Wiebke Wittmüß, 2006. "Robust Optimization of Consumption with Random Endowment," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-063, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.