A Small Victorious War: Domestic Revolution and International Conflict
AbstractThe paper provides an extremely simple model of the interaction of international and internal conflicts. Specifically, it analyzes the situation when investments in both domestic and international wars are complementary. Therefore it predicts a possibility of inefficiently high spending for the international conflict due to the threat of the domestic revolution. The results are debated from the point of view of several cases of military conflicts caused by the domestic regime stability considerations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by De Gruyter in its journal Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy.
Volume (Year): 16 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.degruyter.com
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Garfinkel, Michelle R., 2004.
"Global threats and the domestic struggle for power,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 495-508, June.
- Michelle R. Garfinkel, 2003. "Global Threats and the Domestic Struggle for Power," Public Economics 0306001, EconWPA.
- Khaled Bennour, 2009.
"The value of rents and the likelihood of conflicts,"
International Review of Economics,
Springer, vol. 56(2), pages 163-173, June.
- Bennour, Khaled, 2008. "The Value of Rents and the Likelihood of Conflicts," MPRA Paper 15013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bennour, Khaled, 2008. "The Value of Rents and the Likelihood of Conflicts," MPRA Paper 8379, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Garfinkel, Michelle R, 1994.
"Domestic Politics and International Conflict,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1294-1309, December.
- Jack Hirshleifer, 1989. "Conflict and rent-seeking success functions: Ratio vs. difference models of relative success," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 63(2), pages 101-112, November.
- Fearon, James D., 1995. "Rationalist explanations for war," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(03), pages 379-414, June.
- Johannes Münster, 2007. "Simultaneous inter- and intra-group conflicts," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 333-352, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.