On the Role of Distance for Bilateral Trade
AbstractThis study addresses the role of distance in a partial equilibrium model of bilateral trade and tests hypotheses in a large panel data-set of trade flows. The analysis obtains three implications regarding the empirical specification of trade frictions in gravity models. Two results illustrate the relevance of the approach. Copyright 2008 The Author.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal World Economy.
Volume (Year): 31 (2008)
Issue (Month): 5 (05)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0378-5920
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Egger & Andrea Lassmann, 2011.
"The Language Effect in International Trade: A Meta-Analysis,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3682, CESifo Group Munich.
- Egger, Peter H. & Lassmann, Andrea, 2012. "The language effect in international trade: A meta-analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 221-224.
- MC. Di Guardo & E. Marrocu & R. Paci, 2013. "The Concurrent Impact of Cultural, Political, and Spatial Distances on International Mergers and Acquisitions," Working Paper CRENoS 201308, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Thiemann, Franziska & Fleming, Euan M. & Mueller, Rolf A.E., 2012. "Impact of information and communication technology (ICT) on international trade in fruit and vegetables: A gravity model approach," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil, International Association of Agricultural Economists 123840, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Richard Pomfret & Patricia Sourdin, 2010.
"Why do trade costs vary?,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer,
Springer, vol. 146(4), pages 709-730, December.
- Richard Pomfret & Patricia Sourdin, 2008. "Why Do Trade Costs Vary?," School of Economics Working Papers, University of Adelaide, School of Economics 2008-08, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Fleming, Euan M. & Thiemann, Franziska & Mueller, Rolf A.E., 2011. "Information and Communication Technology and the Global Flow of Wine: A Gravity Model of ICT in Wine Trade," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland, European Association of Agricultural Economists 114353, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gani, Azmat & Al Mawali, Nasser Rashid, 2013. "Oman's trade and opportunities of integration with the Asian economies," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 766-774.
- Lodefalk, Magnus, 2012.
"The Role of Services for Manufacturing Firms’ Exports,"
Working Papers, Ãrebro University, School of Business
2012:10, Örebro University, School of Business.
- Magnus Lodefalk, 2014. "The role of services for manufacturing firm exports," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, Springer, vol. 150(1), pages 59-82, February.
- Cortes, Maria, 2007. "Composition of Trade between Australia and Latin America: Gravity Model," Economics Working Papers, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia wp07-19, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Thiemann, Franziska & Fleming, Euan M. & Mueller, Rolf A.E., 2012. "Impact of information and communication technology (ICT) on international trade in fruit and vegetables: A gravity model approach," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil, International Association of Agricultural Economists 123839, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Richard Pomfret & Patricia Sourdin, 2010. "Trade Facilitation And The Measurement Of Trade Costs," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(01), pages 145-163.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.