Restructuring the IMF's Lending Facilities
AbstractThe IMF has recently completed a review of its lending facilities as a consequence of which it has implemented a number of reforms. By examining the Fund's basic functions, this paper offers a critical appraisal of these reforms. It is argued that more radical change is needed building on the liquidity and adjustment roles of the IMF. The reforms advocated here would reverse the proliferation of IMF lending facilities that is to be observed since the early 1960s. Copyright Blackwell Publishing Ltd 2003.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal The World Economy.
Volume (Year): 26 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (02)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0378-5920
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Graham Bird & Dane Rowlands, 2007.
"Should it be curtains for some of the IMF’s lending windows?,"
The Review of International Organizations, Springer,
Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 281-299, September.
- Graham Bird & Dane Rowlands, 2005. "Should It Be Curtains for Some of the IMF’s Lending Windows?," School of Economics Discussion Papers, School of Economics, University of Surrey 0905, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Susanne Lütz & Matthias Kranke, 2010. "The European Rescue of the Washington Consensus? EU and IMF Lending to Central and Eastern European Countries," LEQS â LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series, European Institute, LSE 22, European Institute, LSE.
- Miguel de las Casas & Xavier Serra, 2008. "Simplification of IMF lending. Why not just one flexible credit facility?," Banco de Espaï¿½a Occasional Papers 0806, Banco de Espa�a.
- Susanne Lütz & Matthias Kranke, 2010. "The European rescue of the Washington Consensus? EU and IMF lending to Central and Eastern European countries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library 53450, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.