Foreign Entry into Chinese Banking: Does WTO Membership Threaten Domestic Banks?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal The World Economy.
Volume (Year): 25 (2002)
Issue (Month): 8 (08)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0378-5920
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xu, Ying, 2011. "Towards a more accurate measure of foreign bank entry and its impact on domestic banking performance: The case of China," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 886-901, April.
- Chan, Kam C. & Fung, Hung-Gay & Thapa, Samanta, 2007. "China financial research: A review and synthesis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 416-428.
- Bonin, John & Wachtel, Paul, 2002. "Financial sector development in transition economies: Lessons from the first decade," BOFIT Discussion Papers 9/2002, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Evans, Justin W., 2008. "Challenging Confucius: Western banks in the Chinese credit card market," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 519-527.
- Assist. Ph.D c. Marjan Petreski, 2009. "Entry Of Bank Foreign Capital In Developing Economies: Measuring Profit & Cost Efficiency," Revista Tinerilor Economisti (The Young Economists Journal), University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(13), pages 39-45, NOVEMBER.
- John Whalley, 2003. "Liberalization in China's Key Service Sectors Following WTO Accession: Some Scenarios and Issues of Measurement," NBER Working Papers 10143, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Laurenceson & Zhao Yong, . "Efficiency Amongst China’s Banks:A DEA Analysis Five Years after WTO Entry," EAERG Discussion Paper Series 1605, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- James Laurenceson & Fengming Qin, . "Has minority foreign investment in Chinaï¿½s banks improved their cost efficiency?," EAERG Discussion Paper Series 1305, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.