Failing the Transition from Welfare to Work: Women Chronically Disconnected from Employment and Cash Welfare
AbstractAlthough employment among welfare mothers increased substantially following the 1996 welfare reform, some former welfare recipients failed to find stable employment. We review the extent to which low-income mothers are without work and cash welfare for long periods of time and seek to understand the correlates of becoming chronically disconnected. Copyright (c) 2006 Southwestern Social Science Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southwestern Social Science Association in its journal Social Science Quarterly.
Volume (Year): 87 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0038-4941
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bjørnskov, Christian & Dreher, Axel & Fischer, Justina AV, 2007.
"On Gender Inequality and Life Satisfaction: Does Discrimination Matter?,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
657, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Justina A.V. Fischer & Christian Bjornskov & Axel Dreher, 2007. "On Gender Inequality and Life Satisfaction: Does Discrimination Matter?," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2007 2007-07, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Christian Bjørnskov & Axel Dreher & Justina A.V. Fischer, 2007. "On Gender Inequality and Life Satisfaction: Does Discrimination Matter?," KOF Working papers 07-161, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Jane Waldfogel, 2007. "Welfare Reforms and Child Well-Being in the US and UK," CASE Papers /126, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Wu, Chi-Fang, 2011. "Long-term employment and earnings among low-income families with children," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 91-101, January.
- Mazzolari, Francesca & Ragusa, Giuseppe, 2012. "Time Limits: The Effects on Welfare Use and Other Consumption-Smoothing Mechanisms," IZA Discussion Papers 6993, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pavlina R. Tcherneva, 2011. "Fiscal Policy: Why Aggregate Demand Management Fails and What to Do about It," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_650, Levy Economics Institute.
- Jane Waldfogel, 2007. "Welfare reforms and child well-being in the US and UK," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6208, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- James X. Sullivan & Lesley Turner & Sheldon Danziger, 2008. "The relationship between income and material hardship," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(1), pages 63-81.
- Pavlina R. Tcherneva, 2013. "Reorienting Fiscal Policy: A Critical Assessment of Fiscal Fine-Tuning," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_772, Levy Economics Institute.
- Cancian, Maria & Han, Eunhee & Noyes, Jennifer L., 2014. "From multiple program participation to disconnection: Changing trajectories of TANF and SNAP beneficiaries in Wisconsin," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 91-102.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.