Two Decades of Research Comparing For-Profit and Nonprofit Health Provider Performance in the United States
AbstractThis article reports on a systematic review of data-based, peer-reviewed scientific assessments of performance differences between private for-profit and private nonprofit U.S. health care providers published since 1980. Copyright (c) 2003 by the Southwestern Social Science Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southwestern Social Science Association in its journal Social Science Quarterly.
Volume (Year): 84 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0038-4941
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ingrid Gould Ellen & Ioan Voicu, 2006. "Nonprofit housing and neighborhood spillovers," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(1), pages 31-52.
- Jody Sindelar & Todd Olmstead, 2004. "Does the Impact of Managed Care on Substance Abuse Treatment Services Vary By Profit Status?," NBER Working Papers 10745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bayindir, Esra Eren, 2012. "Hospital ownership type and treatment choices," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 359-370.
- Anderson, Stuart, 2012. "Public, private, neither, both? Publicness theory and the analysis of healthcare organisations," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 313-322.
- Karen Eggleston & Yu-Chu Shen & Joseph Lau & Christopher H. Schmid & Jia Chan, 2008. "Hospital ownership and quality of care: what explains the different results in the literature?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(12), pages 1345-1362.
- Dewaelheyns, Nico & Eeckloo, Kristof & Van Herck, Gustaaf & Van Hulle, Cynthia & Vleugels, Arthur, 2009. "Do non-profit nursing homes separate governance roles?: The impact of size and ownership characteristics," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(2-3), pages 188-195, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.