Nominal Income Targeting versus Money Supply Targeting
AbstractBy emphasizing the effect of forward-looking price expectations on aggregate demand, the authors investigate the relative performances of two rule policies, i.e., money supply targeting and nominal income targeting. Unlike earlier conclusions reached by C. Bean (1983) and K. D. West (1986), the authors' rather extensive examinations indicate that, in general, there is no simple condition under which one rule policy is universally favored over the other. Copyright 1992 by Scottish Economic Society.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Scottish Economic Society in its journal Scottish Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 39 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0036-9292
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert E. Hall & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1994.
"Nominal Income Targeting,"
in: Monetary Policy, pages 71-94
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Hall & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1993. "Nominal Income Targeting," NBER Working Papers 4439, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hall, R.E. & Mankiw, N.G., 1993. "Nominal Income Targeting," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research 1650, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Dale W. Henderson & Warwick J. McKibbin, 1993.
"A comparison of some basic monetary policy regimes for open economies: implications of different degrees of instrument adjustment and wage persistence,"
International Finance Discussion Papers, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.)
458, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Henderson, Dale W. & McKibbin, Warwick J., 1993. "A comparison of some basic monetary policy regimes for open economies: implications of different degrees of instrument adjustment and wage persistence," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 221-317, December.
- Fang, Chung-rou & Lai, Ching-chong, 2002. "Targeting nominal income versus targeting price level: A target zone perspective," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 229-249.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.