On the Unification of Families of Skew-normal Distributions
AbstractThe distribution theory literature connected to the multivariate skew-normal distribution has grown rapidly in recent years, and a number of extensions and alternative formulations have been put forward. Presently there are various coexisting proposals, similar but not identical, and with rather unclear connections. The aim of this paper is to unify these proposals under a new general formulation, clarifying at the same time their relationships. The final part sketches an extension of the argument to the skew-elliptical family. Copyright 2006 Board of the Foundation of the Scandinavian Journal of Statistics..
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association in its journal Scandinavian Journal of Statistics.
Volume (Year): 33 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0303-6898
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kim, Hea-Jung, 2008. "A class of weighted multivariate normal distributions and its properties," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(8), pages 1758-1771, September.
- Jamalizadeh, A. & Balakrishnan, N., 2010. "Distributions of order statistics and linear combinations of order statistics from an elliptical distribution as mixtures of unified skew-elliptical distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(6), pages 1412-1427, July.
- Bondon, Pascal, 2009. "Estimation of autoregressive models with epsilon-skew-normal innovations," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(8), pages 1761-1776, September.
- Kim, Hyoung-Moon & Genton, Marc G., 2011. "Characteristic functions of scale mixtures of multivariate skew-normal distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(7), pages 1105-1117, August.
- Cabral, Celso Rômulo Barbosa & Lachos, Víctor Hugo & Prates, Marcos O., 2012. "Multivariate mixture modeling using skew-normal independent distributions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 126-142, January.
- Michael Kalkbrener & Akwum Onwunta, 2009. "Validating Structural Credit Portfolio Models," Working Papers 014, COMISEF.
- Arellano-Valle, Reinaldo B. & Genton, Marc G. & Loschi, Rosangela H., 2009. "Shape mixtures of multivariate skew-normal distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 91-101, January.
- Jamalizadeh, A. & Balakrishnan, N., 2009. "Prediction in a trivariate normal distribution via a linear combination of order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(21), pages 2289-2296, November.
- Jamalizadeh, A. & Balakrishnan, N. & Salehi, Mehdi, 2010. "Order statistics and linear combination of order statistics arising from a bivariate selection normal distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(5-6), pages 445-451, March.
- Lin, Tsung I. & Ho, Hsiu J. & Chen, Chiang L., 2009. "Analysis of multivariate skew normal models with incomplete data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(10), pages 2337-2351, November.
- Tzy-Chy Lin & Tsung-I Lin, 2010. "Supervised learning of multivariate skew normal mixture models with missing information," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 183-201, June.
- Arellano-Valle, Reinaldo B. & Azzalini, Adelchi, 2008. "The centred parametrization for the multivariate skew-normal distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(7), pages 1362-1382, August.
- Jose, K.K. & Naik, Shanoja R., 2008. "A class of asymmetric pathway distributions and an entropy interpretation," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(28), pages 6943-6951.
- Bellio, Ruggero & Grassetti, Luca, 2011. "Semiparametric stochastic frontier models for clustered data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 71-83, January.
- Reinaldo Arellano-Valle & Marc Genton, 2010. "An invariance property of quadratic forms in random vectors with a selection distribution, with application to sample variogram and covariogram estimators," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 62(2), pages 363-381, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.