Functional Coefficient Regression Models for Non-linear Time Series: A Polynomial Spline Approach
AbstractWe propose a global smoothing method based on polynomial splines for the estimation of functional coefficient regression models for non-linear time series. Consistency and rate of convergence results are given to support the proposed estimation method. Methods for automatic selection of the threshold variable and significant variables (or lags) are discussed. The estimated model is used to produce multi-step-ahead forecasts, including interval forecasts and density forecasts. The methodology is illustrated by simulations and two real data examples. Copyright 2004 Board of the Foundation of the Scandinavian Journal of Statistics..
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association in its journal Scandinavian Journal of Statistics.
Volume (Year): 31 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0303-6898
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yang, Guangren & Zhou, Yong, 2014. "Semiparametric varying-coefficient study of mean residual life models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 226-238.
- Olga Klopp & Marianna Pensky, 2013. "Sparse High-dimensional Varying Coefficient Model : Non-asymptotic Minimax Study," Working Papers 2013-30, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Harvill, Jane L. & Ray, Bonnie K., 2006. "Functional coefficient autoregressive models for vector time series," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(12), pages 3547-3566, August.
- repec:wyi:journl:002135 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cao, Yanrong & Lin, Haiqun & Wu, Tracy Z. & Yu, Yan, 2010. "Penalized spline estimation for functional coefficient regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 891-905, April.
- repec:wyi:wpaper:002009 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhou, Jianjun & Chen, Min, 2012. "Spline estimators for semi-functional linear model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 505-513.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.