The Scope for Taxation and Public Expenditure in an Open Economy
AbstractIn this survey of some central issues of tax and expenditure policy in an open economy, the authors consider the implications for policy of free--although not necessarily perfect--international mobility of commodities, capital, and labor. They examine the issues both from a positive and a normative point of view, trying to identify both the incidence and welfare effects of international mobility. One general conclusion is that tax distortions may increase in magnitude in comparison with a closed economy but they may also increase in kind, as when otherwise neutral taxes become distortionary because of factor mobility. Copyright 1994 by The editors of the Scandinavian Journal of Economics.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Scandinavian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 96 (1994)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1467-9442
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leite-Monteiro, Manuel & Sato, Motohiro, 2003. "Economic integration and fiscal devolution," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(11), pages 2507-2525, October.
- LEITE MONTEIRO , Manuel, 1994.
"Redistributive Policy with Labour Mobility across Countries,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1994070, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Leite-Monteiro, Manuel, 1997. "Redistributive policy with labour mobility across countries," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 229-244, August.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre, 2002. "Factor Mobility and Redistribution: A Survey," IDEI Working Papers 154, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 2003.
- Valkonen, Tarmo, 2000. "Shifting the tax burden from labour to capital in general equilibrium," Discussion Papers 702, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Pestieau, Pierre, 1996. "Politique sociale, redistribution et intégration économique," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 72(3), pages 275-289, septembre.
- Glazer, Amihai & Kanniainen, Vesa & Poutvaara, Panu, 2005.
"Income Taxes, Property Values and Migration,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1889, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.