Measuring Educational Heterogeneity and Labor Quality: A Note
AbstractThis paper investigates the magnitude of the mismeasurement that occurs when only a few education categories are used in the construction of a constant quality index for labor input. By employing a very comprehensive data set it is found that the error resulting from the omission of information on education is relatively small. The empirical results are thus supportive of the current state of practice of constructing indices of constant quality labor input. Copyright 2002 by The International Association for Research in Income and Wealth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Association for Research in Income and Wealth in its journal Review of Income & Wealth.
Volume (Year): 48 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0034-6586
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nilsen, Øivind Anti & Raknerud, Arvid & Rybalka, Marina & Skjerpen, Terje, 2010.
"The Importance of Skill Measurement for Growth Accounting,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4997, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Øivind A. Nilsen & Arvid Raknerud & Marina Rybalka & Terje Skjerpen, 2011. "The Importance Of Skill Measurement For Growth Accounting," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(2), pages 293-305, 06.
- Shandre Thangavelu & Yong Aik Wei, 2006. "Aging and Economic Growth: Issues Relevant to Singapore," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0613, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Suresh Chand Aggarwal, 2007. "Labour Quality in Indian Manufacturing A State Level Analysis," Working Papers id:998, eSocialSciences.
- Schwerdt, Guido & Turunen, Jarkko, 2006.
"Growth in euro area labour quality,"
Working Paper Series
0575, European Central Bank.
- Shandre M. Thangavelu & Yong Yik Wei, 2006. "Aging and economic growth : issues relevant to Singapore," Labor Economics Working Papers 21821, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Maliranta, Mika, . "Micro Level Dynamics of Productivity Growth. An Empirical Analysis of the Great Leap in Finnish Manufacturing Productivity in 1975-2000," ETLA A, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, number 38.
- Guido Schwerdt & Jarkko Turunen, 2007. "Changes in Human Capital: Implications for Productivity Growth in the Euro Area," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper No. 53, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.