On Chamberlinian-Ricardian Trade Patterns
AbstractThis study provides a simple, many-industry model of trade which emphasizes the interaction between cross-country technical heterogeneity (i.e., a Ricardian aspect) and monopolistic competition among producers of differentiated products (i.e., a Chamberlinian aspect) as determinants of trade patterns. It is shown that the emergence of intra-industry trade is crucially dependent on the shape of the technology index schedule, which is obtained as a step-function. Copyright � 2007 The Authors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Review of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 16 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (05)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0965-7576
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hisanaga, Makoto, 2014. "Trade Patterns and the Gains from Trade in a Chamberlinian-Ricardian Model," Discussion paper series. A 267, Graduate School of Economics and Business Administration, Hokkaido University.
- Toru Kikuchi, 2008. "Economic Integration in a Chamberlinian-Ricardian World," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2008_07, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Kwok Tong Soo, 2013. "Intra-industry trade," Working Papers 33867578, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Kikuchi, Toru & Shimomua, Koji, 2008. "Comparative Advantage and Trade Liberalization in a Chamberlinian-Ricardian Model," MPRA Paper 8199, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Toru Kikuchi & Koji Shimomura & Dao-Zhi Zeng, 2006. "On the Emergence of Intra-industry Trade," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 87(1), pages 15-28, 01.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.