Some Measurability Results for Extrema of Random Functions over Random Sets
AbstractThe authors consider the question, "Under what conditions is the extremum of a random function over a random set itself a random object?" The answer is relevant to problems in both game theory and econometrics, as they illustrate with examples. The authors' purpose here is to bring the powerful tools of the theory of analytic sets as developed by C. Dellacherie and P.-A. Meyer (1978) to the wider attention of the economics profession and to distill Dellacherie and Meyer's work in such a way as to provide some readily accessible theoretical results that will permit relatively easy treatment of economically or econometrically relevant applications. Copyright 1992 by The Review of Economic Studies Limited.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Review of Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 59 (1992)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0034-6527
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dufour, Jean-Marie, 2006.
"Monte Carlo tests with nuisance parameters: A general approach to finite-sample inference and nonstandard asymptotics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 443-477, August.
- DUFOUR, Jean-Marie, 2005. "Monte Carlo Tests with Nuisance Parameters: A General Approach to Finite-Sample Inference and Nonstandard Asymptotics," Cahiers de recherche 2005-03, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- DUFOUR, Jean-Marie, 2005. "Monte Carlo Tests with Nuisance Parameters: A General Approach to Finite-Sample Inference and Nonstandard Asymptotics," Cahiers de recherche 03-2005, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Jean-Marie Dufour, 2005. "Monte Carlo tests with nuisance parameters: a general approach to finite-sample inference and non-standard asymptotics," CIRANO Working Papers 2005s-02, CIRANO.
- Jeffrey S. Banks & John Duggan & Michel LeBreton, .
"Bounds for Mixed Strategy Equilibria and the Spatial Model of Elections,"
Wallis Working Papers
WP14, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
- Banks, Jeffrey S. & Duggan, John & Le Breton, Michel, 2002. "Bounds for Mixed Strategy Equilibria and the Spatial Model of Elections," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 88-105, March.
- Santos, Andres, 2011. "Instrumental variable methods for recovering continuous linear functionals," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 161(2), pages 129-146, April.
- Ueda, Kenichi, 2013.
"Banks as coordinators of economic growth and stability: Microfoundation for macroeconomy with externality,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 148(1), pages 322-352.
- Beare, Brendan K., 2009. "Distributional Replication," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt65k3m6x9, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Patrick Minford & Konstantinos Theodoridis & David Meenagh, 2009.
"Testing a Model of the UK by the Method of Indirect Inference,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 265-291, April.
- Meenagh, David & Minford, Patrick & Theodoridis, Konstantinos, 2008. "Testing a Model of the UK by the Method of Indirect Inference," CEPR Discussion Papers 6849, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Minford, Patrick & Theodoridis, Konstantinos & Meenagh, David, 2007. "Testing a model of the UK by the method of indirect inference," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2007/2, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section, revised Apr 2008.
- Jin Seo Cho & Meng Huang & Halbert White, 2009. "Testing for a Constant Mean Function using Functional Regression," Discussion Paper Series 0915, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
- Sakata, Shinichi & White, Halbert, 2001. "S-estimation of nonlinear regression models with dependent and heterogeneous observations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 103(1-2), pages 5-72, July.
- Kenichi Ueda, 2001. "Transitional Growth with Increasing Inequality and Financial Deepening," IMF Working Papers 01/108, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.