Testing AR(1) against MA(1) Disturbances in the Linear Regression Model: An Alternative Procedure
AbstractThis paper is concerned with the problem of testing the hypothesis that the disturbances of a regression model are generated by a first-order autoregressive process against the alternative assumption that they follow a first-order moving average scheme. The test proposed has the advantages of requiring only ordinary least squares estimation and of being simple to implement. Some Monte Carlo results on the finite sample behavior of the test are provided. Copyright 1990 by The Review of Economic Studies Limited.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Review of Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 57 (1990)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0034-6527
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Li, Qi, 1995. "Testing AR(1) against MA(1) disturbances in an error component model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 133-151, July.
- Mckensi, C.R. & Mcaleer, M. & Gill, L., 1990.
"Simple Procedures For Testing Autoregressive Versus Moving Average Errors In Regression Models,"
210, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Colin R. McKenzie & Michael McAleer & Len Gill, 1999. "Simple Procedures for Testing Autoregressive Versus Moving Average Errors in Regression Models," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 50(3), pages 239-252, 09.
- C. R. McKenzie & Michael McAleer, 2001. "Comparing Tests of Autoregressive Versus Moving Average Errors in Regression Models Using Bahadur's Asymptotic Relative Efficiency," ISER Discussion Paper 0537, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Andrea Vaona, 2011.
"A panel data approach to price-value correlations,"
14/2011, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Chib, S. & Osiewalski, J. & Steel, M.F.J., 1990.
"Regression models under competing covariance matrices: A Bayesian perspective,"
1990-63, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Chib, B. & Osiewalski, J. & Steel, M., 1990. "Regression Models Under Competing Covariance Matrices: A Baysian Perspective," Papers 9063, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Silvapulle, Paramsothy & King, Maxwell L., 1993. "Nonnested testing for autocorrelation in the linear regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 295-314, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.