Approximate Bertrand Equilibria in a Replicated Industry
AbstractThe paper considers the existence and properties of approximate Bertrand equilibr ia in a replicated industry. Price setting firms produce a homogeneous product w ith weakly convex costs. The main results are that an e-equilibrium exists if th e industry is large enough; and that if the e is small enough, and the industry large enough, any e-equilibrium is approximately competitive. These resultsdepe nd on how contingent demand is specified. Copyright 1987 by The Review of Economic Studies Limited.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Review of Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 54 (1987)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0034-6527
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Canoy, Marcel & Weddepohl, Claus, 1995. "Alternative conjectures in a Bertrand-Edgeworth model," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 577-598, September.
- Hirata, Daisuke, 2008. "Bertrand-Edgeworth Equilibrium in Oligopoly," MPRA Paper 7946, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Prabal Roy Chowdhury, 2004.
"Bertrand-Edgeworth equilibrium with a large number of firms,"
Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers
04-12, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Roy Chowdhury, Prabal, 2008. "Bertrand-Edgeworth equilibrium with a large number of firms," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 746-761, May.
- Roy Chowdhury, Prabal, 2007. "Bertrand-Edgeworth equilibrium with a large number of firms," MPRA Paper 3353, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- García Díaz, Antón & Hernán González, Roberto & Kujal, Praveen, 2009.
"List pricing and discounting in a Bertrand-Edgeworth duopoly,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 719-727, November.
- García Díaz, Antón & Hernán, Roberto & Kujal, Praveen, 2009. "List pricing and discounting in a Bertrand-Edgeworth duopoly," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/14951, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Roberts Waddle, 2005. "Strategic Profit Sharing Between Firms: The Bertrand Model," Economics Working Papers we050902, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- García Díaz, Antón & Kujal, Praveen, .
"List princing and pure strategy outcomes in a bertrand edgeworth duopoly,"
Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
info:hdl:10016/6089, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- García Díaz, Antón & Kujal, Praveen, . "List pricing and pure strategy outcomes in a Bertrand-Edgeworth duopoly," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/300, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Antón García Díaz & Praveen Kujal, 2003. "List Pricing And Pure Strategy Outcomes In A Bertrand-Edgeworth Duopoly," Economics Working Papers we034918, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Raymond Deneckere & Dan Kovenock, 1988.
773, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Marcel Canoy & S. Onderstal, 2003. "Tight oligopolies: in search of proportionate remedies," CPB Document 29, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Chowdhury, Prabal Roy, 2003. "Bertrand-Edgeworth equilibrium large markets with non-manipulable residual demand," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 371-375, June.
- Chowdhury, Prabal Roy, 1999. "Bertrand-Edgeworth equilibria with unobservable output, uncoordinated consumers and large number of firms," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 207-211, May.
- Bertrand–Edgeworth model in Wikipedia (English)
- Epsilon-equilibrium in Wikipedia (English)
- Ε均衡 in Wikipedia (Japanese)
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.