Approximate Equilibria with Bounds Independent of Preferences
AbstractWe prove the existence of approximate equilibria in exchange economies, giving bounds on the excess demand in terms of the number of traders and norms of the endowments, but independent of the preferences.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Review of Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 49 (1982)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0034-6527
Other versions of this item:
- Robert M. Anderson & M. Ali Khan & Salim Rashid, 1981. "Approximate Equilibria with Bounds Independent of Preferences," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 595, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- HILDENBRAND, Werner & SCHMEIDLER, David & ZAMIR, Shmuel, .
"Existence of approximate equilibria and cores,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-169, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Khan, M. Ali, 1975. "Some approximate equilibria," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 63-86, March.
- Starr, Ross M, 1969. "Quasi-Equilibria in Markets with Non-Convex Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(1), pages 25-38, January.
- M. Ali Khan & Kali P. Rath, 2011. "The Shapley-Folkman Theorem and the Range of a Bounded Measure: An Elementary and Unified Treatment," Economics Working Paper Archive 586, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- D'Agata, Antonio, 2012. "Existence of an exact Walrasian equilibrium in nonconvex economies," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 6(12), pages 1-16.
- M Ali Khan, 2007.
Microeconomics Working Papers
22207, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Khan, M. Ali Khan, 2007. "Perfect Competition," MPRA Paper 2202, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anderson, Robert M., 2010. "Core allocations and small income transfers," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 373-381, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.