"Learning by Doing" and "Investment in Training": A Synthesis of Two "Rival" Models of the Life Cycle
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Review of Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 49 (1982)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0034-6527
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James Heckman & Lance Lochner & Ricardo Cossa, 2002. "Learning-By-Doing Vs. On-the-Job Training: Using Variation Induced by the EITC to Distinguish Between Models of Skill Formation," NBER Working Papers 9083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thursby, Marie & Thursby, Jerry & Gupta-Mukherjee, Swasti, 2007.
"Are there real effects of licensing on academic research? A life cycle view,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 577-598, August.
- Marie C. Thursby & Jerry Thursby, 2007. "Are There Real Effects of Licensing on Academic Research? A life cycle view," NBER Chapters, in: Academic Science and Entrepreneurship: Dual Engines of Growth National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marie Thursby & Jerry Thursby & Swasti Gupta-Mukherjee, 2005. "Are There Real Effects of Licensing on Academic Research? A Life Cycle View," NBER Working Papers 11497, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stenberg, Anders, 2007. "Does adult education at upper secondary level influence annual wage earnings?," Working Paper Series 2007:9, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- de Luna, Xavier & Stenberg, Anders & Westerlund, Olle, 2010.
"Can adult education delay retirement from the labour market?,"
Working Paper Series
2010:2, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Anders Stenberg & Xavier Luna & Olle Westerlund, 2012. "Can adult education delay retirement from the labour market?," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 677-696, January.
- de Luna, Xavier & Stenberg, Anders & Westerlund, Olle, 2008. "Can Adult Education Delay Retirement from the Labour Market?," UmeÃ¥ Economic Studies 756, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- de Luna, Xavier & Stenberg, Anders & Westerlund, Olle, 2008. "Can Adult Education Delay Retirement from the Labour Market?," Working Paper Series 6/2008, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Adriaan Van Zon & Roberto Antonietti, 2007. "Education and Training in a Model of Endogenous Growth with Creative Wear-and-Tear," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0057, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Levesque, Moren & Shepherd, Dean A. & Douglas, Evan J., 2002. "Employment or self-employment: A dynamic utility-maximizing model," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 189-210, May.
- Katharina Frosch & Thusnelda Tivig, 2007. "Age, Human Capital and the Geography of Innovation," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 71, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics, Germany.
- Grip Andries de & Smits Wendy, 2009.
"What affects lifelong learning of scientists and engineers?,"
002, Maastricht : ROA, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market.
- Grip Andries de & Smits Wendy, 2009. "What affects lifelong learning of scientists and engineers?," Research Memoranda 047, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Tervio, Marko, 2006. "Career-Hopping: Learning and Turnover in an Imperfect Labor Market," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt7jq2v066, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Demeester, Lieven L. & Qi, Mei, 2005. "Managing learning resources for consecutive product generations," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 265-283, February.
- Peter Alders, 1999. "Human Capital and Retirement," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-056/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Byong-Hyong Bahk & Michael Gort, 1992. "Decomposing Learning By Doing in New Plants," Working Papers 92-16, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Klaus Waelde, 1996. "Lifetime learning, biased technological change and the evolution of wages in the U.S. 1960 - 1990," Labor and Demography 9601001, EconWPA.
- Weinberg, Bruce A., 2004. "Experience and Technology Adoption," IZA Discussion Papers 1051, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.