The Self-Regulating Profession
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Review of Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 48 (1981)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0034-6527
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Silvester Van Koten & Andreas Ortmann, 2013. "Self-regulating organizations under the shadow of governmental oversight: An experimental investigation," Discussion Papers 2013-13, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Simon Ashby & Swee-Hoon Chuah & Robert Hoffmann, 2004.
"Industry Self-Regulation: A Game-Theoretic Typology of Strategic Voluntary Compliance,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 91-106.
- Simon Ashby & Swee Hoon Chuah & Robert Hoffmann, 2003. "Industry Self-Regulation: A Game-Theoretic Typology of Strategic Voluntary Compliance," Occasional Papers 2, Nottingham University Business School.
- Simon Ashby & Swee Hoon Chuah & Robert Hoffmann, 2003. "Industry Self-Regulation: A Game-Theoretic Typology of Strategic Voluntary Compliance," Occasional Papers 3, Industrial Economics Division.
- Niels J. Philipsen, 2013. "Regulation of Pharmacists: A Comparative Law and Economics Analysis," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 10(2), pages 225-241, August.
- Kugler, Adriana D. & Sauer, Robert M, 2003.
"Doctors without Borders: The Returns to an Occupational License for Soviet Immigrant Physicians in Israel,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3683, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kugler, Adriana & Sauer, Robert M., 2002. "Doctors Without Borders: The Returns to an Occupational License for Soviet Immigrant Physicians in Israel," IZA Discussion Papers 634, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Adriana Kugler & Robert Sauer, 2002. "Doctors without borders: The returns to an occupational license for Soviet immigrant physicians in Israel," Economics Working Papers 648, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Evans, R. & Guinnane, T.W., 2006. "Reputational Externality and Self-Regulation," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0628, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pagliero, Mario, 2013.
"The impact of potential labor supply on licensing exam difficulty,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 141-152.
- Mario Pagliero, 2007. "The Impact of Potential Labor Supply on Licensing Exam Difficulty," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 53, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2013.
- Guillermo Ordonez & Andrew Atkeson, 2009.
"Optimal Regulation in the Presence of Reputation Concerns,"
2009 Meeting Papers
830, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Andrew Atkeson & Christian Hellwig & Guillermo L. Ordonez, 2012. "Optimal regulation in the presence of reputation concerns," Staff Report 464, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Andrew Atkeson & Christian Hellwig & Guillermo Ordonez, 2012. "Optimal Regulation in the Presence of Reputation Concerns," NBER Working Papers 17898, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stange, Kevin, 2014. "How does provider supply and regulation influence health care markets? Evidence from nurse practitioners and physician assistants," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 1-27.
- Mario Pagliero, 2011.
"The Impact of Potential Labor Supply on Licensing Exam Difficulty in the US Market for Lawyers,"
18, Former Department of Economics and Public Finance "G. Prato", University of Torino, revised May 2013.
- Mario Pagliero, 2007. "The Impact of Potential Labor Supply on Licensing Exam Difficulty in the US Market for Lawyers," CHILD Working Papers wp19_08, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Iossa, Elisabetta & Jullien, Bruno, 2007. "The Market for Lawyers: The Value of Information on the Quality of Legal Services," IDEI Working Papers 485, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Bendikov, Mikhail & Kolesnik, Georgiy, 2013.
"Конкуренция Саморегулируемых Организаций И Эффективность Рынков
[Self-regulatory organizations competition and the market efficiency]," MPRA Paper 47812, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.