Price, quality, and reputation: evidence from an online field experiment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by RAND Corporation in its journal RAND Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 37 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1776 Main Street, P.O. Box 2138, Santa Monica, California 90407-2138
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0741-6261
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hongbin Cai & Ginger Z. Jin & Chong Liu & Li-An Zhou, 2013. "More Trusting, Less Trust? An Investigation of Early E-Commerce in China," NBER Working Papers 18961, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roe, Brian E. & Wu, Steven Y., 2009. "Do the Selfish Mimic Cooperators? Experimental Evidence from Finitely-Repeated Labor Markets," IZA Discussion Papers 4084, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tsuchihashi, Toshihiro, 2012. "Sequential Internet auctions with different ending rules," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 583-598.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Young Han Lee, 2011.
"The Bidder's Curse,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(2), pages 749-87, April.
- Al-Ubaydli, Omar & Boettke, Peter, 2010.
"Markets as economizers of information: Field experimental examination of the “Hayek Hypothesis”,"
27660, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Omar Al-Ubaydli & Peter Boettke, 2012. "Markets as economizers of information: Field experimental examination of the 'hayek hypothesis'," Framed Field Experiments 00195, The Field Experiments Website.
- Omar Al-Ubaydli & Peter Boettke, 2011. "Markets as Economizers of Information: Field Experimental Examination of the "Hayek Hypothesis"," Working Papers 1025, George Mason University, Interdisciplinary Center for Economic Science.
- Bruno Jullien & In-Uck Park, 2011.
"Seller Reputation and Trust in Pre-Trade Communication,"
The Centre for Market and Public Organisation
11/272, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Bruno Jullien & In-Uck Park, 2009. "Seller Reputation and Trust in Pre-Trade Communication," Levine's Working Paper Archive 814577000000000330, David K. Levine.
- Jullien, Bruno & Park, In-Uck, 2009.
"New, Like New, or Very Good? Reputation and Credibility,"
TSE Working Papers
09-086, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised 29 Jan 2014.
- Jullien, Bruno & Park, In-Uck, 2009. "New, Like New, or Very Good? Reputation and Credibility," IDEI Working Papers 564, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 27 Jan 2014.
- Grebe, Tim & Ivanova-Stenzel, Radosveta & Kröger, Sabine, 2010.
"Buy-It-Now prices in eBay Auctions - The Field in the Lab,"
Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems
294, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Tim Grebe & Radosveta Ivanova-Stenzel & Sabine Kröger, 2009. "Buy-it-Now Prices in eBay Auctions-The Field in the Lab," Cahiers de recherche 0950, CIRPEE.
- Daniel Elfenbein & Raymond Fisman & Brian McManus, 2009. "Reputation, Altruism, and the Benefits of Seller Charity in an Online Marketplace," NBER Working Papers 15614, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Trevon Logan & Manisha Shah, 2009.
"Face Value: Information and Signaling in an Illegal Market,"
NBER Working Papers
14841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Trevon D. Logan & Manisha Shah, 2013. "Face Value: Information and Signaling in an Illegal Market," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 529-564, January.
- Roger Bate & Ginger Zhe Jin & Aparna Mathur, 2011.
"Does Price Reveal Poor-Quality Drugs? Evidence from 17 Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
16854, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bate, Roger & Jin, Ginger Zhe & Mathur, Aparna, 2011. "Does price reveal poor-quality drugs? Evidence from 17 countries," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1150-1163.
- Kevin Yili Hong & Alex Chong Wang & Paul A. Pavlou, 2013. "How does Bid Visibility Matter in Buyer-Determined Auctions? Comparing Open and Sealed Bid Auctions in Online Labor Markets," Working Papers 13-05, NET Institute.
- Liu, Kang Ernest & Shiu, Ji-Liang & Sun, Chia-Hung, 2013. "How different are consumers in Internet auction markets? Evidence from Japan and Taiwan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 1-12.
- Ginger Zhe Jin & Phillip Leslie, 2009. "Reputational Incentives for Restaurant Hygiene," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 237-67, February.
- Andreas Leibbrandt, 2012. "Are social preferences related to market performance?," Experimental Economics, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 589-603, December.
- Gregory Lewis, 2011. "Asymmetric Information, Adverse Selection and Online Disclosure: The Case of eBay Motors," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(4), pages 1535-46, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.