Does Diversity Erode Social Cohesion? Social Capital and Race in British Neighbourhoods
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Political Studies Association in its journal Political Studies.
Volume (Year): 56 (2008)
Issue (Month): (03)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0032-3217
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chau-kiu Cheung & Stephen Ma, 2011. "Coupling Social Solidarity and Social Harmony in Hong Kong," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 103(1), pages 145-167, August.
- Jeremy Clark & Bonggeun Kim, 2009.
"The Effect of Neighbourhood Diversity on Volunteering: Evidence from New Zealand,"
Working Papers in Economics
09/09, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Clark Jeremy & Kim Bonggeun, 2012. "The Effect of Neighborhood Diversity on Volunteering: Evidence From New Zealand," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-49, March.
- Jan Janmaat, 2011. "Social Cohesion as a Real-life Phenomenon: Assessing the Explanatory Power of the Universalist and Particularist Perspectives," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 100(1), pages 61-83, January.
- Elena Fumagalli & laura Fumagalli, 2009.
"Like oil and water or chocolate and peanut butter? Ethnic diversity and social participation of young people in England,"
2009_21, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Elena Fumagalli & Laura Fumagalli, 2009. "Like Oil and Water or Chocolate and Peanut Butter? Ethnic Diversity and Social Participation of Young People in England," Working Papers 2009.94, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Chau-kiu Cheung & Raymond Chan, 2010. "Social Capital as Exchange: Its Contribution to Morale," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 96(2), pages 205-227, April.
- Uslaner, Eric, 2011. "Contact, Diversity, and Segregation," SULCIS Working Papers 2011:5, Stockholm University Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS.
- Alberto Bisin & Thierry Verdier, 2010. "The Economics of Cultural Transmission and Socialization," NBER Working Papers 16512, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David I. Laibson & José A. Scheinkman & Christine L. Soutter, 2000.
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 115(3), pages 811-846, August.
- Sander Steijn & Bram Lancee, 2011. "GINI DP 20: Does Income Inequality Negatively Affect General Trust? Examining three potential problems with the inequality-trust hypothesis," GINI Discussion Papers 20, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2011-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anett HODOSI, 2012. "The effects of immigration on the socio-economic landscape of the United Kingdom," Eastern Journal of European Studies, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 3, pages 121-139, December.
- Simonetta Longhi, 2011.
"Impact of Cultural Diversity on Wages and Job Satisfaction in England,"
Norface Discussion Paper Series
2011010, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.