Exchange Rate Risk And Export Revenue In Taiwan
AbstractThe effect of exchange rate risk on export revenue in Taiwan between 1979 and 2001 is investigated in a bivariate GARCH-M model that simultaneously estimates time-varying risk. Depreciation is found to stimulate export revenue in domestic currency, but the quantitative impact is small and any associated increase in exchange risk has a negative impact. Implications for economic policy are discussed. Copyright 2004 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Pacific Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 9 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (06)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1361-374X
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- WenShwo Fang & Stephen Miller, 2007.
"Exchange rate depreciation and exports: the case of Singapore revisited,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 273-277.
- WenShwo Fang & Stephen M. Miller, 2004. "Exchange rate depreciation and exports: The case of Singapore revisited," Working papers 2004-45, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- WenShwo Fang & YiHao Lai & Stephen M. Miller, 2005. "Export Promotion through Exchange Rate Policy: Exchange Rate Depreciation or Stabilization?," Working papers 2005-07, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- WenShwo Fang & YiHao Lai & Stephen M. Miller, 2005.
"Does Exchange Rate Risk Affect Exports Asymmetrically? Asian Evidence,"
2005-09, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Fang, WenShwo & Lai, YiHao & Miller, Stephen M., 2009. "Does exchange rate risk affect exports asymmetrically? Asian evidence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 215-239, March.
- Fang, WenShwo & Lai, YiHao & Thompson, Henry, 2007. "Exchange rates, exchange risk, and Asian export revenue," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 237-254.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.