Price-Based Measurement Of Financial Globalization: A Cross-Country Study Of Interest Rate Parity
AbstractWe characterize the relationship between ex post exchange rate depreciation and the interest differential for both developed and emerging market economies. The measured ex post uncovered interest differentials in terms of both levels and absolute values are then related to a set of variables that capture macroeconomic and policy conditions. We find that a wide diversity in the coefficient relating depreciations and interest differentials can be attributed to differences in inflation volatility, financial development, capital account openness, legal development and the nature of the exchange rate regimes. The robust results are mainly found in the emerging market country grouping. Copyright 2007 The Authors Journal compilation 2007 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Pacific Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 12 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1361-374X
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gurnain Kaur Pasricha, 2009.
"Bank Competition and International Financial Integration: Evidence using a new index,"
FIW Working Paper series
- Gurnain Kaur Pasricha, 2010. "Bank Competition and International Financial Integration: Evidence Using a New Index," Working Papers 10-35, Bank of Canada.
- Pasricha, Gurnain, 2009. "Bank Competition and International Financial Integration: Evidence using a new Index," MPRA Paper 16767, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gurnain Kaur Pasricha, 2009. "Bank Competition and International Financial Integration:Evidence Using a New Index," Working Papers 242009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Maurice J. Roche & Michael J. Moore, 2010. "For Rich or for Poor: When does Uncovered Interest Parity Hold?," Working Papers 015, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.