The Power of Lambda Max
AbstractThis paper considers likelihood ratio (LR) cointegration rank tests in vector autoregressive models (VAR); the local power of the most widely used LR "trace" test is compared with the LR "lamda max" test. It is found that neither test uniformly dominates the other one. Moreover it is shown that the asymptotic properties of the estimator of the cointegration rank based on the trace test are shared by a similar estimator based on the lambda max test. These results indicate that both tests are admissible. Copyright 2001 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Oxford in its journal Oxford Bulletin of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 63 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manor Rd. Building, Oxford, OX1 3UQ
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0305-9049
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Luca Fanelli & Paolo Paruolo, 2009. "Tests for cointegration rank and choice of the alternative," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 169-191, July.
- Trenkler, Carsten, 2009.
"Bootstrapping Systems Cointegration Tests With A Prior Adjustment For Deterministic Terms,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(01), pages 243-269, February.
- Carsten Trenkler, 2006. "Bootstrapping Systems Cointegration Tests with a Prior Adjustment for Deterministic Terms," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-012, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Anders Rahbek & A. M. Robert Taylor, 2010.
"Bootstrap Sequential Determination of the Co-integration Rank in VAR Models,"
10-07, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Guiseppe Cavaliere & Anders Rahbek & A.M.Robert Taylor, 2010. "Bootstrap Sequential Determination of the Co-integration Rank in VAR Models," CREATES Research Papers 2010-07, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Paruolo Paolo, 2004.
"Common trends and cycles in I(2) VAR systems,"
Economics and Quantitative Methods
qf0217tris, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Cavaliere Giuseppe & Fanelli Luca & Paruolo Paolo, 2001. "Determining the number of cointegrating relations under rank constraints," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0109, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Nielsen, Heino Bohn, 2007. "A "maximum-eigenvalue" test for the cointegration ranks in I(2) vector autoregressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 445-451, March.
- Paolo Paruolo, 2006.
"The Likelihood Ratio Test for the Rank of a Cointegration Submatrix,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 68(s1), pages 921-948, December.
- Paruolo Paolo, 2004. "The likelihood ratio test for the rank of a cointegration submatrix," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf04024, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Majocchi Antonio & Pavione Enrica, 2002. "International franchising in Italy: trends and perspectives," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0215, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.