Testing for Quasi-Market Forces in Secondary Education
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Oxford in its journal Oxford Bulletin of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 62 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manor Rd. Building, Oxford, OX1 3UQ
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0305-9049
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- S Bradley & R Crouchly & J Millington & J Taylor, . "Testing for Quasi-Market Forces in Secondary Education," Working Papers, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster cr03/98, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Mayston, 2006.
"Competition and Resource Effectiveness in Education,"
Discussion Papers, Department of Economics, University of York
06/05, Department of Economics, University of York.
- David Mayston, 2007. "Competition And Resource Effectiveness In Education," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 75(1), pages 47-64, 01.
- Silva, Olmo, 2009. "Some Remarks on the Effectiveness of Primary Education Interventions," IZA Policy Papers, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA) 5, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tommaso Agasisti, 2013. "Competition Among Italian Junior-Secondary Schools: A Variance-Decomposition Empirical Analysis," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(1), pages 17-42, 03.
- Simon Burgess & Brendon McConnell & Carol Propper & Deborah Wilson, 2004. "Sorting and Choice in English Secondary Schools," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK 04/111, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Yasuhide Tanaka, 2004. "On the equity aspect of the 'quasi-market' in educational services: the case of the North-West region in England," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(13), pages 789-791.
- Marcello Sartarelli, 2011. "Do Performance Targets Affect Behaviour? Evidence from Discontinuities in Test Scores in England," DoQSS Working Papers, Department of Quantitative Social Science - Institute of Education, University of London 11-02, Department of Quantitative Social Science - Institute of Education, University of London.
- Stephen Machin & Olmo Silva, 2013. "School Structure, School Autonomy and the Tail," CEP Special Papers, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE 29, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Gibbons, Steve & Machin, Stephen & Silva, Olmo, 2006.
"Choice, Competition and Pupil Achievement,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2214, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stephen Gibbons & Stephen Machin & Olmo Silva, 2008. "Choice, Competition, and Pupil Achievement," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 6(4), pages 912-947, 06.
- Jesper Rosenberg Hansen & Christian Bøtcher Jacobsen, 2014. "Competition or cooperation? -A longitudinal case study of NPM reforms’ influence on strategic management in upper secondary schools," Study Papers, Rockwool Foundation Research Unit 75, Rockwool Foundation Research Unit.
- Simon Burgess & Adam Briggs, 2006.
"School Assignment, School Choice and Social Mobility,"
The Centre for Market and Public Organisation, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK
06/157, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Burgess, Simon & Briggs, Adam, 2010. "School assignment, school choice and social mobility," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 639-649, August.
- Simon Burgess & Helen Slater, 2006. "Using Boundary Changes to Estimate the Impact of School Competition on Test Scores," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK 06/158, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Fiona Steele & Anna Vignoles & Andrew Jenkins, 2007. "The effect of school resources on pupil attainment: a multilevel simultaneous equation modelling approach," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library 26481, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bradley, Steve & Johnes, Geraint & Millington, Jim, 2001. "The effect of competition on the efficiency of secondary schools in England," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 135(3), pages 545-568, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.