Monetary Policy With Investment-Saving Imbalances
AbstractFinancial instability is the new challenge for monetary policy. Most studies indicate that financial crises follow prolonged unwinding of investment-saving imbalances (ISI). These phenomena are not contemplated by the standard theoretical framework of continuous intertemporal equilibrium. This paper's aim is to take a first step into the analysis of monetary policy in the context of ISI. First, a dynamic model of a flex-price, competitive economy is presented where ISI are allowed to develop. Second, upon introducing different types of Taylor rules, some indications for the conduct of monetary policy emerge, which are at variance with the standard view. Copyright � 2009 The Author. Journal compilation � 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Metroeconomica.
Volume (Year): 61 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (07)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0026-1386
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ronny Mazzocchi, 2013. "Monetary Policy when the NAIRI is unknown: The Fed and the Great Deviation," DEM Discussion Papers 2013/16, Department of Economics and Management.
- Grossi, Michele & Tamborini, Roberto, 2012.
"Stock prices and monetary policy: Re-examining the issue in a New Keynesian model with endogenous investment,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 6(14), pages 1-47.
- Grossi, Michele & Tamborini, Roberto, 2011. "Stock prices and monetary policy: Re-examining the issue in a New Keynesian model with endogenous investment," Economics Discussion Papers 2011-54, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Ronny Mazzocchi, 2013. "Intertemporal Coordination Failure and Monetary Policy," DEM Discussion Papers 2013/15, Department of Economics and Management.
- Ronny Mazzocchi, 2013. "Scope and Flaws of the New Neoclassical Synthesis," DEM Discussion Papers 2013/13, Department of Economics and Management.
- Ronny Mazzocchi, 2013. "Investment-Saving Imbalances with Endogenous Capital Stock," DEM Discussion Papers 2013/14, Department of Economics and Management.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.