Discontinuous Asset Prices And Non-Attainable Contingent Claims
AbstractThe price of a risky asset � is described by a Markov diffusion with jumps. In general there may be many equivalent martingale measures. Contingent claims which depend on the price of � at some time "T" may not be attainable, and the market may not be complete. However, using a martingale representation result, the local risk-minimizing strategy is explicitly constructed. This in turn provides a new motivation for the concept of the minimal martingale measure. Copyright 1993 Blackwell Publishers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Mathematical Finance.
Volume (Year): 3 (1993)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0960-1627
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prigent, Jean-Luc & Renault, Olivier & Scaillet, Olivier, 2004.
"Option pricing with discrete rebalancing,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 133-161, January.
- Prigent, J.-L. & Renault, O. & Scaillet, O., 1999. "Option Pricing with Discrete Rebalancing," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1999029, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 00 Oct 1999.
- Jean -Luc Prigent & Olivier Renault & Olivier Scaillet, 1999. "Option Pricing with Discrete Rebalancing," Working Papers 99-61, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- J.L. Prigent & O. Renault & O. Scaillet., 1999. "Option pricing with discrete rebalancing," THEMA Working Papers 99-41, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Jean-Luc PRIGENT & Olivier RENAULT & Olivier SCAILLET, 2002. "Option Pricing with Discrete Rebalancing," FAME Research Paper Series rp55, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Alan L. Lewis, 2001. "A Simple Option Formula for General Jump-Diffusion and other Exponential Levy Processes," Related articles explevy, Finance Press.
- Choulli, Tahir & Vandaele, Nele & Vanmaele, Michèle, 2010. "The Föllmer-Schweizer decomposition: Comparison and description," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 120(6), pages 853-872, June.
- Gerald H. L. Cheang & Carl Chiarella, 2008.
"Exchange Options Under Jump-Diffusion Dynamics,"
Research Paper Series
235, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Gerald H.L. Cheang & Carl Chiarella, 2008. "Hedge Portfolios in Markets with Price Discontinuities," Research Paper Series 218, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Vandaele, Nele & Vanmaele, Michèle, 2008. "A locally risk-minimizing hedging strategy for unit-linked life insurance contracts in a Lévy process financial market," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 1128-1137, June.
- Robert Elliott & Carlton-James Osakwe, 2006. "Option Pricing for Pure Jump Processes with Markov Switching Compensators," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 250-275, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.