Capital Mobility And The Feldstein-Horioka Puzzle: Re-Examination Of Less Developed Countries
AbstractThis empirical study extends the work of (Manchester School, Vol. 72 (2004), pp. 569-590) with respect to the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle for a sample of 47 developing countries. The study examines the savings-investment relationship through a comparison of the Feldstein-Horioka cross-section estimator results with the results obtained from a mean group estimator allowing for the cross-section dependence and permanent shocks to the current account. The mean group estimator results indicate higher capital mobility with a savings coefficient of 0.36, 25 per cent lower than the estimates based on the cross-section estimator, for the whole sample with little variation across subregions. Copyright � 2006 The Authors; Journal compilation � 2006 Blackwell Publishing Ltd and The University of Manchester.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Manchester in its journal Manchester School.
Volume (Year): 74 (2006)
Issue (Month): 5 (09)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manchester M13 9PL
Phone: (0)161 275 4868
Fax: (0)161 275 4812
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1463-6786
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Despina Petreska & Nikica Mojsoska-Blazevski, 2013. "The Feldstein-Horioka Puzzle And Transition Economies," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 58(197), pages 23-46, April â.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Tsoumas, Chris, 2009. "A survey of the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle: What has been done and where we stand," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 64-76, June.
- Singh, Tarlok, 2008. "Testing the Saving-Investment correlations in India: An evidence from single-equation and system estimators," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 1064-1079, September.
- João Sousa Andrade, 2007. "La these de Feldstein-Horioka: une mesure de la mobilité internationale du capital," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 54(1), pages 53-67, March.
- João Sousa Andrade, 2007. "L’Intégration Européenne et la Soutenabilité Externe de l’Union Européenne: une application de la thèse de Feldstein-Horioka," GEMF Working Papers 2007-05, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.