A Two-Factor Model of the U.K. Yield Curve
AbstractThe author models the forward premium in the U.K. gilt-edged market over the period 1982 to 1996 using a two-factor general equilibrium model of the term structure of interest rates. The model permits the decomposition of the forward premium into separate components representing interest rate expectations, the risk premia associated with each of the underlying factors, and terms capturing the direct impact of the variances of the factors on the shape of the forward curve. Copyright 1997 by Blackwell Publishers Ltd and The Victoria University of Manchester
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Manchester in its journal The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies.
Volume (Year): 65 (1997)
Issue (Month): 0 (Supplement)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manchester M13 9PL
Phone: (0)161 275 4868
Fax: (0)161 275 4812
Web page: http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/disciplines/economics/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ioannides, Michalis, 2003. "A comparison of yield curve estimation techniques using UK data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Caggiano, Giovanni & Leonida, Leone, 2007.
"A note on the empirics of the neoclassical growth model,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 170-176, February.
- Giovanni Caggiano & Leone Leonida, . "A note on the empirics of the neoclassical growth model," Working Papers 2006_2, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Martin D. D. Evans, 2003.
"Real risk, inflation risk, and the term structure,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(487), pages 345-389, 04.
- Somnath Chatterjee, 2005. "Application Of The Kalman Filter For Estimating Continuous Time Term Structure Models: The Case Of Uk And Germany," Working Papers 2005_2, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.