Factor Prices, Employment and Investment in U.K. and West German Manufacturing
AbstractThis paper investigates the empirical performance of a system of investment and employment equations for the U.K. and West German manufacturing sectors. The distinguishing feature of the model is the assumption that firms face adjustment costs in changing the stock of capital and labor and that these costs are interrelated. That makes the employment and investment decisions of the firm interdependent, with employment being determined by investment and vice versa. The empirical implementation of the model for both countries is satisfactory and outperforms a rival model in which employment and investment decisions are made separately. Copyright 1994 by Blackwell Publishers Ltd and The Victoria University of Manchester
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Manchester in its journal The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies.
Volume (Year): 62 (1994)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manchester M13 9PL
Phone: (0)161 275 4868
Fax: (0)161 275 4812
Web page: http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/disciplines/economics/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- J Hatzius, 1997. "Foreign Direct Investment," CEP Discussion Papers dp0336, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Philip Tomlinson, 2002. "The Real Effects of Transnational Activity upon Investment and Labour Demand within Japan's Machinery Industries," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 107-129.
- Felix Fitzroy & Michael Funke, 1993.
"Real Wages, Investment and Employment - New Evidence From West German Sectoral Data,"
CRIEFF Discussion Papers
9305, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Felix FitzRoy & Michael Funke, 1994. "Real wages, investment and employment: New evidence from West German sectoral data," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 130(2), pages 258-272, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.