A Global Kuznets Curve?
AbstractThis paper studies the inequality of nations, treating the country as the unit of analysis. First, measures of inequality are computed for 1960 to 1988. The international distribution of income has become more unequal over time. Secondly, the contribution of R&D investments and spillovers to global inequality is studied. Cross-country differences in R&D significantly account for the changes in the global distribution of income. National R&D investments have both a divergence and a convergence effect and, on net, the empirical results indicate that world R&D has a convergence effect. Controlling for R&D, the paper finds an inverted-U relationship between global inequality and global development. Copyright 1995 by WWZ and Helbing & Lichtenhahn Verlag AG
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Kyklos.
Volume (Year): 48 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0023-5962
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jayadevappa, Ravishankar & Chhatre, Sumedha, 2000. "International trade and environmental quality: a survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 175-194, February.
- Schwartz, Gerd & Ter-Minassian, Teresa, 2000. " The Distributional Effects of Public Expenditure," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 337-58, July.
- Alvargonzalez, M. & Lopez, A. & Perez, R., 2004. "Growth-Inequality Relationship. An Analytical Approach and Some Evidence for Latin America," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 4(2).
- Juan Vicente-Perdiz & Luis M. Borge, 2000. "Desarrollo y desigualdad con progreso técnico," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 24(3), pages 709-726, September.
- Raul A. Barreto, 2001. "Endogenous Corruption, Inequality and Growth: Econometric Evidence," School of Economics Working Papers 2001-02, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- García Gámez, Sofía & Vicéns Otero, José, 2006. "Determining factors in the measurement of the sovereign risk in the emerging countries/Factores condicionantes en la medición del riesgo soberano en los países emergentes," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 24, pages 245-272, Abril.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.