Towards a Unified Approach for Proving Geometric Ergodicity and Mixing Properties of Nonlinear Autoregressive Processes
AbstractIn this paper we attempt to establish unified sufficient conditions for geometric ergodicity of autoregressive models. It is shown that there is a close relationship between geometric ergodicity and mixing properties. The case of nonstationary time series is incorporated into the investigations. Several time series models including threshold and EXPARCH-models are examined with respect to geometric ergodicity. In some cases we obtain regions of geometric ergodicity in the parameter space, which are larger than that known from the literature. Copyright 2005 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Time Series Analysis.
Volume (Year): 26 (2005)
Issue (Month): 5 (09)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0143-9782
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hwang, S.Y. & Basawa, I.V., 2011. "Asymptotic optimal inference for multivariate branching-Markov processes via martingale estimating functions and mixed normality," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(6), pages 1018-1031, July.
- Mika Meitz & Pentti Saikkonen, 2010.
"A note on the geometric ergodicity of a nonlinear AR–ARCH model,"
KoÃ§ University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers
1003, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Meitz, Mika & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2010. "A note on the geometric ergodicity of a nonlinear AR-ARCH model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(7-8), pages 631-638, April.
- Dueker, Michael J. & Psaradakis, Zacharias & Sola, Martin & Spagnolo, Fabio, 2011.
"Multivariate contemporaneous-threshold autoregressive models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 160(2), pages 311-325, February.
- Michael J. Dueker & Zacharias Psaradakis & Martin Sola & Fabio Spagnolo, 2010. "Multivariate Contemporaneous-Threshold Autoregressive Models," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 817.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Michael J. Dueker & Zacharias Psaradakis & Martin Sola & Fabio Spagnolo, 2007. "Multivariate contemporaneous threshold autoregressive models," Working Papers 2007-019, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Michael Dueker & Zacharias Psaradakis & Martin Sola & Fabio Spagnolo, 2009. "Multivariate Contemporaneous Threshold Autoregressive Models," Department of Economics Working Papers 2009-03, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.