Labor Productivity in Western Europe 1975-1985: An Intercountry, Interindustry Analysis
AbstractUsing intercountry input-output tables and disaggregated employment data, we decompose labor productivity growth between 1975 and 1985 in six Western European countries into partial effects of six determinants including changing international trade and changing final demand. To this end, new multiplicative decomposition formulas are derived and implemented. In a similar way, we study labor productivity changes in vertically integrated industries. The effects of structural change on convergence are investigated also. We see this paper as an attempt to merge the convergence literature with earlier single-country productivity-change decompositions using input-output data. Copyright 2000 Blackwell Publishers
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 40 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-4146
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bart Los, 2001.
"Identification of Strategic Industries: A Dynamic Perspective,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa01p112, European Regional Science Association.
- Bart Los, 2004. "Identification of strategic industries: A dynamic perspective," Papers in Regional Science, Springer, vol. 83(4), pages 669-698, October.
- Bart Los, 2004. "Identification of strategic industries: A dynamic perspective," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 83(4), pages 669-698, October.
- Los, Bart, 2002. "Identification of strategic industries: a dynamic perspective," CCSO Working Papers 200202, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Lavanda, Italo, 2012. "Employees’ Compensation Share in Italy - La quota del reddito da lavoro dipendente in Italia (1965-2000)," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 65(1), pages 55-64.
- Lenzen, Manfred, 2006. "Decomposition analysis and the mean-rate-of-change index," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 185-198, March.
- Jacob, J., 2004. "Late industrialisation and structural change: the Indonesian experience," Working Papers 04.18, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Xuemei Jiang & Erik Dietzenbacher & Bart Los, 2014. "A dissection of the growth of regional disparities in Chinese labor productivity between 1997 and 2002," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 513-536, March.
- Dong Guo & Geoffrey Hewings & Michael Sonis, 2005. "Integrating decomposition approaches for the analysis of temporal changes in economic structure: an application to Chicago's economy from 1980 to 2000," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 297-315.
- Hoekstra, Rutger & van den Bergh, Jeroen C. J. M., 2003. "Comparing structural decomposition analysis and index," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 39-64, January.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.