On the Private Provision of Two or More Public Goods
AbstractWe extend the simple model of voluntary public good provision to allow for two or more public goods, and explore the new possibilities that arise in this setting. We show that, when there are many public goods, voluntary contribution equilibrium typically generates, not only too low a level of public good provision, but also the wrong mix of public goods. We also analyze the neutrality property in the more general setting, and extend a neutrality proposition of Bergstrom, Blume, and Varian (1986) . Copyright � 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc..
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Association for Public Economic Theory in its journal Journal of Public Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 12 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (04)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1097-3923
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Faias, Marta & Moreno, Emma & Wooders, Myrna, 2009. "A Strategic market game approach for the private provision of public goods," MPRA Paper 37777, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Mar 2012.
- repec:van:wpaper:1201 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Cornes & Jun-ichi Itaya & Aiko Tanaka, 2012.
"Private provision of public goods between families,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 1451-1480, October.
- CORNES, Richard & ITAYA, Jun-ichi & TANAKA, Aiko, 2007. "Private Provision of Public Goods between Families," Discussion paper series. A 194, Graduate School of Economics and Business Administration, Hokkaido University.
- Richard Cornes & Jun-ichi Itaya & Aiko Tanaka, 2011. "Private Provision of Public Goods between Families," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2011-542, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- repec:van:wpaper:vuecon-sub-12-00008 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:van:wpaper:vuecon-12-00001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tatsuyoshi Miyakoshi & Laixun Zhao, 2012. "Measuring Households' Vulnerability to Idiosyncratic and Covariate Shocks – the case of Bangladesh," Discussion Paper Series DP2012-19, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- repec:van:wpaper:12-00001 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.