Fees Paid to Audit Firms, Accrual Choices, and Corporate Governance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Accounting Research.
Volume (Year): 42 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (06)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-8456
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- (Xuefeng) Jiang, John & Petroni, Kathy R. & Yanyan Wang, Isabel, 2010. "CFOs and CEOs: Who have the most influence on earnings management?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 513-526, June.
- Rustam, Sehrish & Rashid, Kashif & Zaman, Khalid, 2013. "The relationship between audit committees, compensation incentives and corporate audit fees in Pakistan," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 697-716.
- Ulf Mohrmann & Jan Riepe & Ulrike Stefani, 2013. "Are Extensive Audits 'Good News'? Market Perceptions of Abnormal Audit Fees and Fair Value Disclosures," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2013-08, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Wysocki, Peter, 2010. "Corporate compensation policies and audit fees," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 49(1-2), pages 155-160, February.
- Bernard Raffournier & Alain Schatt, 2011. "La relation entre honoraires d'audit et honoraires de conseil des auditeurs dans un contexte post-SOX : Le cas suisse," Post-Print hal-00650561, HAL.
- Chee Lim & David Ding & Charlie Charoenwong, 2013. "Non-audit fees, institutional monitoring, and audit quality," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 343-384, August.
- Christiane Pott & Tobias Tebben & Christoph Watrin, 2014. "The effect of outside directorsâ€™ and auditorsâ€™ incentives on managersâ€™ ability to manage cash bonuses," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 505-540, May.
- Roland KÃ¶nigsgruber & David Windisch, 2014. "Does European Union policy making explain accounting choices? An empirical analysis of the effects of investigations by the Directorate General for Competition on accounting choices," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 717-731, August.
- L. Van De Velde & I. De Beelde, 2009. "Audit- and non-audit fees and company characteristics in Belgium," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration 09/589, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Ecker, Frank & Francis, Jennifer & Olsson, Per & Schipper, Katherine, 2013. "Estimation sample selection for discretionary accruals models," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 190-211.
- Lee, Gemma & Masulis, Ronald W., 2009. "Seasoned equity offerings: Quality of accounting information and expected flotation costs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 92(3), pages 443-469, June.
- Mitra, Santanu & Hossain, Mahmud, 2007. "Ownership composition and non-audit service fees," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 348-356, April.
- Ball, Ray & Jayaraman, Sudarshan & Shivakumar, Lakshmanan, 2012. "Audited financial reporting and voluntary disclosure as complements: A test of the Confirmation Hypothesis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 136-166.
- Siti Subaryani Binti Zainol & M. Krishna Moorthy & Tengku Rahimah Binti Tengku Arifin, 2012. "Determinants of Non-Audit Services in Malaysia: A Theoretical Model," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 2(3), pages 97-111, July.
- Richardson, Scott & Tuna, Irem & Wysocki, Peter, 2010. "Accounting anomalies and fundamental analysis: A review of recent research advances," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 410-454, December.
- Christopher Bleibtreu & Ulrike Stefani, 2011. "Auditing, Consulting, and Audit Market Concentration," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2011-28, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Alex Chu & Xingqiang Du & Guohua Jiang, 2011. "Buy, Lie, or Die: An Investigation of Chinese ST Firmsâ€™ Voluntary Interim Audit Motive and Auditor Independence," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, Springer, vol. 102(1), pages 135-153, August.
- Othman, Hakim Ben & Zeghal, Daniel, 2006. "A study of earnings-management motives in the Anglo-American and Euro-Continental accounting models: The Canadian and French cases," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 406-435, 012.
- Ahmed, Kamran & Chalmers, Keryn & Khlif, Hichem, 2013. "A Meta-analysis of IFRS Adoption Effects," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 173-217.
- Juan Monterrey Mayoral & Amparo SÃ¡nchez-Segura, 2007. "RotaciÃ³n y dependencia econÃ³mica de los auditores: sus efectos sobre la calidad del resultado en las compaÃ±Ãas cotizadas espaÃ±olas," Investigaciones Economicas, FundaciÃ³n SEPI, FundaciÃ³n SEPI, vol. 31(1), pages 119-159, January.
- Isidro, Helena & Raonic, Ivana, 2012. "Firm incentives, institutional complexity and the quality of “harmonized” accounting numbers," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 407-436.
- Dechow, Patricia & Ge, Weili & Schrand, Catherine, 2010. "Understanding earnings quality: A review of the proxies, their determinants and their consequences," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 344-401, December.
- Lamar Pierce & Michael W. Toffel, 2010. "The Role of Organizational Scope and Governance in Strengthening Private Monitoring," Harvard Business School Working Papers 11-004, Harvard Business School, revised Feb 2012.
- Ahmed Abdel-Meguid & Anwer Ahmed & Scott Duellman, 2013. "Auditor independence, corporate governance and aggressive financial reporting: an empirical analysis," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 283-307, May.
- Shyam Sunder & Karim Jamal, 2006. "Regulation, Competition and Independence in a Certification Society: Financial Reports Vs. Baseball Cards," Yale School of Management Working Papers, Yale School of Management amz2578, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jun 2007.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.