Shredded Reputation: The Cost of Audit Failure
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Accounting Research.
Volume (Year): 40 (2002)
Issue (Month): 4 (09)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-8456
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huang, Roger D. & Li, Hang, 2009. "Does the market dole out collective punishment? An empirical analysis of industry, geography, and Arthur Andersen's reputation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1255-1265, July.
- Maureen Francis Mascha & Cathleen L. Miller, 2010. "The effects of task complexity and skill on over/under-estimation of internal control," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(8), pages 734-755, September.
- Marco Pagano & Giovanni Immordino, 2007.
"Optimal Regulation of Auditing,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 53(3), pages 363-388, September.
- Marco Pagano & Giovanni Immordino, 2007. "Optimal Regulation of Auditing," CESifo Working Paper Series 1980, CESifo Group Munich.
- Giovanni Immordino & Marco Pagano, 2005. "Optimal Regulation of Auditing," CSEF Working Papers 133, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 01 May 2007.
- Cravens, Karen S. & Oliver, Elizabeth Goad, 2006. "Employees: The key link to corporate reputation management," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 293-302.
- Joann Noe Cross & Robert A. Kunkel, 2012. "Andersen implosion over Enron: an analysis of the contagion effect on Fortune 500 firms," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(7), pages 678-688.
- Garmilis, Ghislaine & Stokes, Leonard, 2007. "Convergence of the Disciplinary Processes of Accounting Organizations? A Comparison Between the United States and France," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2626, Paris Dauphine University.
- Lennox, Clive & Li, Bing, 2012. "The consequences of protecting audit partners’ personal assets from the threat of liability," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 154-173.
- Autore, Don M. & Billingsley, Randall S. & Schneller, Meir I., 2009. "Information uncertainty and auditor reputation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 183-192, February.
- Stephan A. Fafatas, 2010. "Auditor conservatism following audit failures," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(7), pages 639-658, July.
- Sharad Asthana & Steven Balsam & Sungsoo Kim, 2009. "The effect of Enron, Andersen, and Sarbanes-Oxley on the US market for audit services," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(1), pages .4-26, July.
- Serge Evraert & Stéphane Trebucq, 2003. "Crise De Confiance Et Information Comptable : Une Etude Empirique Des Reactions Du Marche Français A L'Annonce Des Affaires Enron Et Worldcom," Post-Print halshs-00582775, HAL.
- Free, Clinton & Salterio, Steven E. & Shearer, Teri, 2009. "The construction of auditability: MBA rankings and assurance in practice," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 119-140, January.
- Christopher Bleibtreu & Ulrike Stefani, 2012. "The Interdependence Between Audit Market Structure and the Quality of Financial Reporting: The Case of Non-Audit Services," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2012-01, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Piet Sercu & Heidi Bauwhede & Marleen Willekens, 2006. "Post-Enron Implicit Audit Reporting Standards: Sifting through the Evidence," De Economist, Springer, vol. 154(3), pages 389-403, September.
- George E. Nogler, 2008. "Going concern modifications, CPA firm size, and the Enron effect," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(1), pages 51-67, January.
- Numata, Shingo & Takeda, Fumiko, 2010. "Stock market reactions to audit failure in Japan: The case of Kanebo and ChuoAoyama," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 175-199, June.
- Emilie Feldman, 2006. "A Basic Quantification of the Competitive Implications of the Demise of Arthur Andersen," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 193-212, November.
- Li Dang & Kevin F. Brown & B.D. McCullough, 2011. "Apparent audit failures and value relevance of earnings and book value," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(2), pages 134-154, June.
- Steven Kaplan & Pamela Roush & Linda Thorne, 2007. "Andersen and the Market for Lemons in Audit Reports," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 70(4), pages 363-373, February.
- Tünde Barabás, 2013. "On the Independence of Auditors, with Special Regard to the Financial Sector," Public Finance Quarterly, State Audit Office of Hungary, vol. 58(2), pages 184-198.
- Zhang, Ivy Xiying, 2007. "Economic consequences of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 74-115, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.