The Diversity of R&D Consortia and Firm Behavior: Evidence from Japanese Data
AbstractAn empirical analysis of Japanese government-sponsored R&D consortia involving 213 firms over 13 years shows that the diversity of a consortium is associated with greater R&D expenditure by participating firms. Diversity is alternatively measured by the Montgomery (1982) index, based on 3-digit SIC codes, and Branstetter and Sakakibara's (1998) modification of the Jaffe (1986) patent portfolio based index. Copyright 2001 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Industrial Economics.
Volume (Year): 49 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-1821
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hottenrott, Hanna & Lopes Bento, Cindy, 2013.
"(International) R&D collaboration and SMEs: The effectiveness of targeted public R&D support schemes,"
Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
urn:hdl:123456789/376331, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- LOPES BENTO Cindy & HOTTENROTT Hanna, 2012. "(International) R&D Collaboration and SMEs: The effectiveness of targeted public R&D support schemes," CEPS/INSTEAD Working Paper Series 2012-36, CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Hottenrott, Hanna & Lopes-Bento, Cindy, 2012. "(International) R&D collaboration and SMEs: The effectiveness of targeted public R&D support schemes," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-086, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Hottenrott, Hanna & Lopes-Bento, Cindy, 2013. "(International) R&D collaboration and SMEs: The effectiveness of targeted public R&D support schemes," DICE Discussion Papers 121, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Roberto Alvarez & José Miguel Benavente & Carmen Contreras & José Luis Contreras, 2010. "Consorcios Tecnológicos en América Latina: Una primera exploración de los casos de Argentina, Chile, Colombia y Uruguay," IDB Publications 8364, Inter-American Development Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.