OTC Market Switching and Stock Returns: Some Empirical Evidence
AbstractIn this study the effect on the common stock returns of 278 firms that switched OTC market segments from 1982 to 1987 is examined. It is hypothesized that abnormally positive returns are associated with news of the move from the NASDAQ to the NASDAQ National Market System (NMS) inclusions for stocks with low versus high liquidity before switching. Using event study methodology, results support these hypotheses. Unlike post-listing studies, the evidence reveals no anomalous return behavior during the post-NMS inclusion period studied.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association in its journal Journal of Financial Research.
Volume (Year): 13 (1990)
Issue (Month): 4 (Winter)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0270-2592
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- A.K Cisse, 2011. "Transfert de marché de cotation : Motivations et Conséquences," Post-Print halshs-00658730, HAL.
- Leledakis, George N. & Papaioannou, George J. & Travlos, Nickolaos G. & Tsangarakis, Nickolaos V., 2009. "Stock splits in a neutral transaction cost environment: Evidence from the Athens Stock Exchange," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 12-25, February.
- LaPlante, Michele & Muscarella, Chris J., 1997. "Do institutions receive comparable execution in the NYSE and Nasdaq markets? A transaction study of block trades," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 97-134, July.
- A.K Cisse, 2010. "Consequences economiques du transfert de marché de cotation : cas du NYSE-Euronext Paris," Post-Print halshs-00534749, HAL.
- Wenbin Tang & Hoang Nguyen & Van Nguyen, 2013. "The effects of listing changes between NASDAQ market segments," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 584-605, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.