When Is a Liability Not a Liability? Textual Analysis, Dictionaries, and 10‐Ks
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 66 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (02)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sadique, Shibley & In, Francis & Veeraraghavan, Madhu & Wachtel, Paul, 2013. "Soft information and economic activity: Evidence from the Beige Book," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 81-92.
- Tim Loughran & Bill McDonald, 2014. "Regulation and financial disclosure: The impact of plain English," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 94-113, February.
- Ralph Koijen & Tomas Philipson & Harald Uhlig, 2014. "Financial Health Economics," NBER Working Papers 20075, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Solomon, David H. & Soltes, Eugene & Sosyura, Denis, 2014. "Winners in the spotlight: Media coverage of fund holdings as a driver of flows," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 53-72.
- Leonardo Fernandez, 2012. "Price Discovery, Investor Distraction and Analyst Recommendations Under Continuous Disclosure Requirements in Australia," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 3, June.
- Cohen, Lauren & Diether, Karl & Malloy, Christopher, 2013. "Legislating stock prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 110(3), pages 574-595.
- Pierre L. Siklos, 2013. "The Global Financial Crisis and the Language of Central Banking: Central Bank Guidance in Good Times and in Bad," CAMA Working Papers 2013-58, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Chouliaras, Andreas & Grammatikos, Theoharry, 2013. "News Flow, Web Attention and Extreme Returns in the European Financial Crisis," MPRA Paper 51335, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Liu, Baixiao & McConnell, John J., 2013. "The role of the media in corporate governance: Do the media influence managers' capital allocation decisions?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 1-17.
- Kathleen Weiss Hanley & Gerard Hoberg, 2011.
"Litigation risk, strategic disclosure and the underpricing of initial public offerings,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.)
2011-12, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hanley, Kathleen Weiss & Hoberg, Gerard, 2012. "Litigation risk, strategic disclosure and the underpricing of initial public offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 235-254.
- Zhang, Wei & Shen, Dehua & Zhang, Yongjie & Xiong, Xiong, 2013. "Open source information, investor attention, and asset pricing," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 613-619.
- Zhi Da & Ravi Jagannathan & Jianfeng Shen, 2012. "Building Castles in the Air: Evidence from Industry IPO Waves," NBER Working Papers 18555, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marcelo Bianconi & Xiaxin Hua & Chih Ming Tan, 2013.
"Determinants of Systemic Risk and Information Dissemination,"
Working Paper Series, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis
67_13, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Marcelo Bianconi & Xiaxin Hua & Chih Ming Tan, 2013. "Determinants of Systemic Risk and Information Dissemination," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0776, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Loughran, Tim & McDonald, Bill, 2013. "IPO first-day returns, offer price revisions, volatility, and form S-1 language," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 307-326.
- Kim, Y. Han (Andy), 2013. "Self attribution bias of the CEO: Evidence from CEO interviews on CNBC," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2472-2489.
- YAN, Beibei & AERTS, Walter, 2014. "Rhetorical impression management in corporate narratives and institutional environment," Working Papers 2014014, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Campbell, Gareth & Turner, John D. & Walker, Clive B., 2012. "The role of the media in a bubble," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 461-481.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Wu, Di, 2013. "Word power: A new approach for content analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 110(3), pages 712-729.
- Price, S. McKay & Doran, James S. & Peterson, David R. & Bliss, Barbara A., 2012. "Earnings conference calls and stock returns: The incremental informativeness of textual tone," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 992-1011.
- Engelberg, Joseph E. & Reed, Adam V. & Ringgenberg, Matthew C., 2012. "How are shorts informed?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 260-278.
- Jacob Boudoukh & Ronen Feldman & Shimon Kogan & Matthew Richardson, 2013. "Which News Moves Stock Prices? A Textual Analysis," NBER Working Papers 18725, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kearney, Colm, 2012. "Emerging markets research: Trends, issues and future directions," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 159-183.
- Lauren Cohen & Karl B. Diether & Christopher Malloy, 2012. "Legislating Stock Prices," NBER Working Papers 18291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.