Risk-Neutral Parameter Shifts and Derivatives Pricing in Discrete Time
AbstractWe obtain a large class of discrete-time risk-neutral valuation relationships, or "preference-free" derivatives pricing models, by imposing a simple restriction on the state-price density process. The risk-neutral stock-return and forward-rate dynamics are obtained by changing only a location parameter, which can be determined independent of the preference and true location parameters. The Gaussian models of Rubinstein (1976) , Brennan (1979) , and Câmera (2003) , and the gamma model of Heston (1993) are all special cases. The model provides simple relationships between expected returns and state-price density parameters analogous to the diffusion case. Copyright 2004 by The American Finance Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal The Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 59 (2004)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Christoffersen & Redouane Elkamhi & Bruno Feunou & Kris Jacobs, 2010.
"Option Valuation with Conditional Heteroskedasticity and Nonnormality,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(5), pages 2139-2183.
- Peter Christoffersen & Redouane Elkamhi & Bruno Feunou & Kris Jacobs, 2009. "Option Valuation with Conditional Heteroskedasticity and Non-Normality," CREATES Research Papers 2009-33, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Peter Christoffersen & Redouane Elkamhi & Bruno Feunou & Kris Jacobs, 2009. "Option Valuation with Conditional Heteroskedasticity and Non-Normality," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-32, CIRANO.
- Christoffersen, Peter & Jacobs, Kris & Ornthanalai, Chayawat & Wang, Yintian, 2008.
"Option valuation with long-run and short-run volatility components,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 272-297, December.
- Peter Christoffersen & Kris Jacobs & Yintian Wang, 2004. "Option Valuation with Long-run and Short-run Volatility Components," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-56, CIRANO.
- Peter Christoffersen & Kris Jacobs & Chayawat Ornthanalai & Yintian Wang, 2008. "Option Valuation with Long-run and Short-run Volatility Components," CREATES Research Papers 2008-11, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Guenter Franke & James Huang & Richard Stapleton, 2006.
"Two-dimensional risk-neutral valuation relationships for the pricing of options,"
Review of Derivatives Research,
Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 213-237, November.
- Günter Franke & James Huang & Richard Stapleton, 2007. "Two-Dimensional Risk-Neutral Valuation Relationships for the Pricing of Options," CoFE Discussion Paper 07-08, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Bertram Düring & Erik Lüders, 2005. "Option Prices Under Generalized Pricing Kernels," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 97-123, August.
- Bertram Düring, 2008.
"Asset Pricing Under Information with Stochastic Volatility,"
CoFE Discussion Paper
08-04, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Bertram Düring, 2009. "Asset pricing under information with stochastic volatility," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 141-167, July.
- Peter Christoffersen & Kris Jacobs & Chayawat Ornthanalai, 2012. "GARCH Option Valuation: Theory and Evidence," CREATES Research Papers 2012-50, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Badescu, Alex & Elliott, Robert J. & Siu, Tak Kuen, 2009. "Esscher transforms and consumption-based models," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 337-347, December.
- Câmara, António & Popova, Ivilina & Simkins, Betty, 2012. "A comparative study of the probability of default for global financial firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 717-732.
- John, Kose & Reisz, Alexander S., 2010. "Temporal resolution of uncertainty, disclosure policy, and corporate debt yields," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 655-678, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.