Relative Significance of Journals, Authors, and Articles Cited in Financial Research
AbstractThe authors evaluate journals based on their relative contributions to top-level finance research in a recent period. Journals are ranked according to the number of citations found in articles published in the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, and Review of Financial Studies. The analysis controls for both the average number of articles and average number of words published annually in each cited journal. The authors identify the fifty most frequently cited journals during this period. They also list the fifty most frequently cited authors and articles and note topical trends in the research. Copyright 1994 by American Finance Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 49 (1994)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McConaughy, Daniel L. & Walker, Michael C. & Henderson, Glenn Jr. & Mishra, Chandra S., 1998. "Founding family controlled firms: Efficiency and value," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-19.
- Ben Martin, 2008.
"The Evolution of Science Policy and Innovation Studies,"
Working Papers on Innovation Studies
20080828, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Martin, Ben R., 2012. "The evolution of science policy and innovation studies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1219-1239.
- Martin, B.R., 2012. "The Evolution of Science Policy and Innovation Studies," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp432, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Pedro Cosme Vieira & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2006. "Are Finance, Management, and Marketing Autonomous Fields of Scientific Research? An Analysis Based on Journal Citations," FEP Working Papers 233, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Lerner, Josh, 2006. "The new new financial thing: The origins of financial innovations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 223-255, February.
- Kim, E. Han & Morse, Adair & Zingales, Luigi, 2009.
"Are elite universities losing their competitive edge?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 353-381, September.
- Han Kim, E & Morse, Adair & Zingales, Luigi, 2006. "Are Elite Universities Losing their Competitive Edge?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5700, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- E. Han Kim & Adair Morse & Luigi Zingales, 2006. "Are Elite Universities Losing Their Competitive Edge?," NBER Working Papers 12245, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chen, Carl R. & Huang, Ying, 2007. "Author Affiliation Index, finance journal ranking, and the pattern of authorship," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 1008-1026, December.
- Hsieh, Pao-Nuan & Chang, Pao-Long, 2009. "An assessment of world-wide research productivity in production and operations management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 540-551, August.
- Currie, Russell R. & Pandher, Gurupdesh S., 2011. "Finance journal rankings and tiers: An Active Scholar Assessment methodology," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 7-20, January.
- Chung, Kee H. & Cox, Raymond A.K. & Kim, Kenneth A., 2009. "On the relation between intellectual collaboration and intellectual output: Evidence from the finance academe," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 893-916, August.
- Chan, Kam C. & Chen, Carl R. & Lung, Peter P., 2005. "Ranking of finance programs in the Asia-Pacific region: An update," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 584-600, November.
- Chan, Kam C. & Chen, Carl R. & Steiner, Thomas L., 2001. "Research productivity of the finance profession in the Asia-Pacific region," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 265-280, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.