Intra-day Arbitrage Opportunities in Foreign Exchange and Eurocurrency Markets
AbstractThe authors have two primary objectives in this study. First, they examine the frequency of attaining simultaneous equilibrium on spot and forward foreign exchange markets and on domestic and foreign securities markets. Second, they measure the profitability of covered interest arbitrage and one-way arbitrage. The authors' empirical analysis has been conducted using real-time quotations. The empirical results indicate that the markets are efficient in the sense that profit opportunities from traditional covered interest arbitrage are rarely available and the frequency of attaining simultaneous market equilibrium is surprisingly low, thus opening the door for one-way arbitrage. Copyright 1992 by American Finance Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 47 (1992)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pasricha, Gurnain, 2008.
"Financial Integration in Emerging Market Economies,"
Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt7z35t1cn, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Pasricha, Gurnain, 2007. "Financial Integration in Emerging Market Economies," MPRA Paper 5278, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pasricha, Gurnain, 2008. "Financial integration in emerging market economies," MPRA Paper 8220, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Apr 2008.
- Rosita P. Chang & Sang-Hyop Lee & Sean F. Reid & S. Ghon Rhee, 2002. "One-Way Arbitrage-Based Interest Parity," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-115/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Mancini Griffoli, Tommaso & Ranaldo, Angelo, 2012.
"Limits to Arbitrage during the Crisis: Finding Liquidity Constraints and Covered Interest Parity,"
Working Papers on Finance
1212, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Tommaso Mancini Griffoli & Angelo Ranaldo, 2010. "Limits to arbitrage during the crisis: funding liquidity constraints and covered interest parity," Working Papers 2010-14, Swiss National Bank.
- Wai-Ming Fong & Giorgio Valente & Joseph K.W. Fung, 2008. "FX Arbitrage and Market Liquidity: Statistical Significance and Economic Value," Working Papers 082008, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Leonardo Bartolini & Spence Hilton & Alessandro Prati, 2008.
"Money Market Integration,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(1), pages 193-213, 02.
- Fong, Wai-Ming & Valente, Giorgio & Fung, Joseph K.W., 2010. "Covered interest arbitrage profits: The role of liquidity and credit risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1098-1107, May.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2002115 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joshua V. Rosenberg & Leah G. Traub, 2006. "Price discovery in the foreign currency futures and spot market," Staff Reports 262, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- D. K. Ghosh, 1997. "Arbitrage with hedging by forward contracts: exploited and exploitable profits," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 349-361.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.