The Quality Option and Timing Option in Futures Contracts
AbstractA method is developed for pricing the quality option in futures contracts where there are several deliverable assets. The interaction of the timing option and the quality option is examined. Numerical estimates are provided to illustrate the dependence of the quality option on the number of underlying assets. The magnitude of the timing option is examined in the case of two deliverable assets. Copyright 1989 by American Finance Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 44 (1989)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Axel F. A. Adam-Müller & Kit Pong Wong, 2002. "The impact of delivery risk on optimal production and futures hedging," CoFE Discussion Paper 02-08, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Hranaiova, Jana, 2000. "Delivery Options In Futures Contracts And Basis Behavior At Contract Maturity," 2000 Conference, April 17-18 2000, Chicago, Illinois 18936, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Merrick, John Jr & Naik, Narayan Y. & Yadav, Pradeep K., 2005. "Strategic trading behavior and price distortion in a manipulated market: anatomy of a squeeze," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 171-218, July.
- Alejandro balbas & Susana Reichardt, 2006. "On The Future Contract Quality Option: A New Look," Business Economics Working Papers wb063711, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- A. Bellier-Delienne, 2005. "Synthèse sur les Options de Livraison dans les Contrats à Terme," THEMA Working Papers 2005-09, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Lien, Donald & Tse, Yiu Kuen, 2006. "A survey on physical delivery versus cash settlement in futures contracts," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 15-29.
- Xun Li & Zhenyu Wu, 2006. "A semi-analytic method for valuing high-dimensional options on the maximum and minimum of multiple assets," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 179-205, March.
- Hranaiova, Jana & Tomek, William G., 1999. "The Timing Option In Futures Contracts And Price Behavior At Contract Maturity," Working Papers 14740, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Hranaiova, Jana & Tomek, William G., 1999. "The Timing Option In Futures Contracts And Price Behavior At Contract Maturity," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21677, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Boyle, Phelim P. & Lin, X. Sheldon, 1997. "Bounds on contingent claims based on several assets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 383-400, December.
- Tristan Guillaume, 2008. "Making the best of best-of," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 1-39, March.
- Hranaiova, Jana & Tomek, William G., 2000. "Delivery Option In Futures Contracts And Basis Behavior At Contract Maturity," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21732, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Merrick, John J. & Naik, Narayan Y. & Yadav, Pradeep K., 2004. "Strategic trading behavior and price distortion in a manipulated market: Anatomy of a squeeze," CFR Working Papers 04-07, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Paul Bennett & Kenneth Garbade & John Kambhu, 1999. "Enhancing the Liquidity of U.S. Treasury Securities in an Era of Surpluses," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-083, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Björk, Tomas & Biagini, Francesca, 2005. "On the Timing Option in a Futures Contract," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 619, Stockholm School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.