Jump-Diffusion Processes and the Term Structure of Interest Rates
AbstractThe term structure is investigated using an extension of the Cox, Ingersoll, and Ross model when state variables and production technologies follow jump-diffusion processes. In the presence of jump diffusions, the authors find: (1) R. Merton's multi-beta CAPM does not hold in general; (2) D. Breeden's single consumption beta does not hold; (3) traditional expectations theory of the term structure is not consistent with equilbrium; and (4) investors with logarithmic utility will hedge movements in the investment opportunities set. , Copyright 1988 by American Finance Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 43 (1988)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1991.
"The Foreign Exchange Risk Premium in a Target Zone with Devaluation Risk,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
494, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Svensson, Lars E. O., 1992. "The foreign exchange risk premium in a target zone with devaluation risk," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 21-40, August.
- Lars E.O. Svensson, 1990. "The Foreign Exchange Risk Premium in a Target Zone with Devaluation Risk," NBER Working Papers 3466, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Svensson, L.E., 1990. "The Foreign Exchange Risk Premium in a Target Zone with Devaluation Risk," Papers 475, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Carl Chiarella & Christina Nikitopoulos-Sklibosios & Erik Schlogl, 2005. "A Control Variate Method for Monte Carlo Simulations of Heath-Jarrow-Morton with Jumps," Research Paper Series 167, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Kim, Hwa-Sung, 2013. "Executive bonus compensation when abnormal earnings and the state of the economy are correlated," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 58-65.
- Shu Wu & Yong Zeng, 2005.
"A General Equilibrium Model Of The Term Structure Of Interest Rates Under Regime-Switching Risk,"
International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(07), pages 839-869.
- Yong Zeng & Shu Wu, 2004. "A General Equilibrium Model of the Term Structure of Interest Rates under Regime-switching Risk," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 304, Econometric Society.
- Brito, R. & Flores, R., 2001. "A Jump Difusion Yield Factor Model of Interest Rate," Finance Lab Working Papers flwp_37, Finance Lab, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Sanghoon Lee, 2004. "Approximation of A Jump-Diffusion Process," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 412, Econometric Society.
- Garcia, R. & Perron, P., 1990.
"An Anlysis Of The Real Interest Rate Under Regime Shifts,"
353, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Garcia, Rene & Perron, Pierre, 1996. "An Analysis of the Real Interest Rate under Regime Shifts," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 111-25, February.
- Garcia, R. & Perron, P., 1994. "An Analysis of the Real Interest rate Under Regime Shifts," Cahiers de recherche 9428, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- René Garcia & Pierre Perron, 1995. "An Analysis of the Real Interest Rate Under Regime Shifts," CIRANO Working Papers 95s-05, CIRANO.
- Garcia, R. & Perron, P., 1994. "An Analysis of the Real Interest rate Under Regime Shifts," Cahiers de recherche 9428, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Khalaf, Lynda & Saphores, Jean-Daniel & Bilodeau, Jean-François, 2000.
"Simulation-Based Exact Tests with Unidentified Nuisance Parameters under the Null Hypothesis : the Case of Jumps Tests in Model with Conditional Heteroskedasticity,"
Cahiers de recherche
0004, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Khalaf, Lynda & Saphores, Jean-Daniel & Bilodeau, Jean-François, 2000. "Simulation-Based Exact Tests with Unidentified Nuisance Parameters Under the Null Hypothesis: the Case of Jumps Tests in Models with Conditional Heteroskedasticity," Cahiers de recherche 0004, GREEN.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Sufana, Razvan, 2011. "Discrete time Wishart term structure models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 815-824, June.
- Beliaeva, Natalia & Nawalkha, Sanjay, 2012. "Pricing American interest rate options under the jump-extended constant-elasticity-of-variance short rate models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 151-163.
- Park, Keehwan & Ahn, Chang Mo & Kim, Dohyeon & Kim, Saekwon, 2013. "An empirical study of credit spreads in an emerging market: The case of Korea," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 952-966.
- J. Benson Durham, 2005. "Jump-diffusion processes and affine term structure models: additional closed-form approximate solutions, distributional assumptions for jumps, and parameter estimates," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-53, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kanas, Angelos, 2008. "On real interest rate dynamics and regime switching," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2089-2098, October.
- Wu, Shu & Zeng, Yong, 2006.
"The term structure of interest rates under regime shifts and jumps,"
Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 215-221, November.
- Shu Wu & Yong Zeng, 2005. "The Term Structure of Interest Rates under Regime Shifts and Jumps," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200520, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2005.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.